Bid upgrade accepted, sailing as a Mega Rock Star next week.

Just now, Liao said:

Please tell me that America’s Queen Dolly was as special as she appears to be!

She is very special indeed.

Many stars travel with truckloads of comforts to personalize the venue's dressing rooms to their liking, with everything from ping pong tables and pinball machines, to king sized beds and full-blown barista set-ups. Dolly finds it much easier (and cheaper) to stay insider her own RV/bus, with all of the comforts of home. She told me, why should I travel with all of that stuff only to be set-up and taken down each night, when everything I need is right here in my camper.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric&Pam said:

She is very special indeed.

Many stars travel with truckloads of comforts to personalize the venue's dressing rooms to their liking, with everything from ping pong tables and pinball machines, to king sized beds and full-blown barista set-ups. Dolly finds it much easier (and cheaper) to stay insider her own RV/bus, with all of the comforts of home. She told me, why should I travel with all of that stuff only to be set-up and taken down each night, when everything I need is right here in my camper.

Thank you, love to hear this.  Have been a mega fan for 40+ years and seen her 5 times in concert.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2024 at 9:11 AM, Eric&Pam said:

Many stars travel with truckloads of comforts to personalize the venue's dressing rooms to their liking, with everything from ping pong tables and pinball machines, to king sized beds and full-blown barista set-ups.

We happened to be near the atrium on another cruise line when the lobby was filling up with a luggage all labeled 1 of 41, 2 of 41, etc. and a crew member was busy placing everything in numerical order.  There was a tiny, unremarkable blonde at the desk.  This was a port day, and she was our entertainment for the night.  It made sense when I saw her on stage that night. She literally got on the ship in the afternoon, did 2 performances (6 and 8:15), presumably got something to eat, and got off the ship before we pulled out at 11pm. I have no idea where she was coming from or heading after she performed for us, but 41 cases and several crew members as well as one  guy who appeared to be her "caretaker" seemed ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

We happened to be near the atrium on another cruise line when the lobby was filling up with a luggage all labeled 1 of 41, 2 of 41, etc.

Sounds like a vocal impressionist I know.

These entertainers hop on ship after ship for months on end, traveling with their wardrobe, props, multiple arrangements for the bands because they vary in size on each cruise line, etc.

It's not an easy lifestyle at all.

There's no way all of those cases could fit in the standard cabin. Most of them probably sat backstage.

The biggest road-case I ever saw was for Cher's wigs. It was more than twice the size of the case I saw being used for a full-sized Sesame Street Big Bird Costume, and was probably bigger than some inside cabins. Cher had a quick-change tent backstage, and after every song, a woman walked back to the dressing rooms with a Styrofoam head and the wig from the previous number.