Children under 3 no Medallion?

I have been told that children under 3 don't get a medallion. How does this work for getting on and off the ship? Also, we figured whichever adult was with the child could have his medallion to get into his room for his things. Does anyone who has traveled with young ones have any insight? Thanks!

They get the old fashioned cruise card. The medallion is considered a choking hazard for toddlers which is why they do not get one.

As they will be in the room with an adult it is unlikely that they will be roaming the ship alone but the cruise card will open the room and can be scanned by security when leaving the ship etc. (though the last toddler I saw they just scanned the parent and glanced at the cruise card)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Womble99 said:

They get the old fashioned cruise card. The medallion is considered a choking hazard for toddlers which is why they do not get one.

Thank you. That makes sense.

Our grandchildren - 2 year old twins, both got medallions on the Enchanted in March, Their mom wore all the family medallions around her neck when the family got on and off - 5 medallions all swinging in the wind on lanyards.  Maybe because they are not infants they got them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dpalmquist said:

I have been told that children under 3 don't get a medallion. How does this work for getting on and off the ship? Also, we figured whichever adult was with the child could have his medallion to get into his room for his things. Does anyone who has traveled with young ones have any insight? Thanks!

You can go to guest services and have the medallions for both parents programmed for entry into both cabins so you will not need the cruise card except when getting on and off the ship. If you have older children with medallions they can also be programmed for both cabins. I hope this helps!

• Like 1