Is Reserve Cabins Gone? Sun Princess

Hello!

So I just booked my cruise for June 2025 in a Cabana Mini-Suite a couple of weeks ago. There was a new incentive with Onboard credit, so I was considering rebooking to get the OBC. Just out of curiousity, I was looking at the cabins on the ship again and the ship booking layout looks different with an emphasis on the Santcuary options, but there is no reference in the deck plans to "reserve" cabana suites (which were deck nine and had the special access to the deck). However, there is still a "Reserve" dining room. Any ideas?

Welp, I think I found the answer myself. They now refer to them as Santuary vs. Reserve.

Sanctuary Mini-Suite

- Upgrade from $226 per day

Choose this premium Mini-Suite stateroom category featuring our best located Mini-Suite staterooms, as well as the great amenities found in all Mini-Suites. In addition, you will receive reserve collection upgrades, including access to the Reserve Collection Restaurant.

SELECTFROM $5,455* FOR SANCTUARY MINI-SUITE

IMG_5886.thumb.jpeg.ddbfbb770072d1abd389c7f2f4f81e29.jpegIMG_5887.thumb.jpeg.034e152c5604880399cda2a76bf40e46.jpegWe are currently on the Sun (day2) in reserve cabana mini suite 9333

this deck has 2 types of “reserve cabana mini suites”

1- these have the cabana deck outside of their “balcony” with a gate that allows those passengersto step directly to the “Reserve cabana deck” which has large sunning area , hot tub restroom. Due to the direct access Cabana Deck area from the

cabins these suites. (Though the “balcony” area buffers each suite from the cabana deck)  does seems to provide less privacy due to the cabin access to Cabana deck.

2- at either end of the Cabana Deck there are also Reserve Cabana Mini Suites. These suites have private balconies and have access to Cabana deck via hallway doors ant each end of the Cabana Deck. 

Cabana Deck is semi- private and only Reserve Cabana MiniSuite passengers those staying on Deck 9 are allowed access.

I’ve included a quick video on the cabin AND stills of a cool feature of the doors in the suites cabana room fully open to the balcony providing a huge indoor/outdoor space. Also note the lounge type chairs with foot rest

its 4AM so please excuse typos etc

ill provide a video of the Cabana deck once the Sun Rises😉

mike

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cruisekitty1977 said:

Welp, I think I found the answer myself. They now refer to them as Santuary vs. Reserve.

Sanctuary Mini-Suite

- Upgrade from $226 per day

Choose this premium Mini-Suite stateroom category featuring our best located Mini-Suite staterooms, as well as the great amenities found in all Mini-Suites. In addition, you will receive reserve collection upgrades, including access to the Reserve Collection Restaurant.

SELECTFROM $5,455* FOR SANCTUARY MINI-SUITE

With the new Sanctuary Collection announcement, the old Reserve Collection Mini-Suites (category M1/M2) will now become Sanctuary Mini-Suites and get the additional benefit of access to the Sanctuary. The old Reserve Collection Cabana Mini-Suites (category C1/C2) on deck 9 will now become Cabana Deck Mini Suites but will lose the benefit of access to a private restaurant (unless already booked prior to April 23rd where this will still be honoured).

In summary, the Mini-Suites categories will be known as:

Category Name
M1 Sanctuary Mini-Suite
M2 Sanctuary Mini-Suite
MA Mini-Suite
MD Mini-Suite
CA Cabana Mini-Suite
CB Cabana Mini-Suite
C1 Cabana Deck Mini-Suite
C2 Cabana Deck Mini-Suite

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dides said:

With the new Sanctuary Collection announcement, the old Reserve Collection Mini-Suites (category M1/M2) will now become Sanctuary Mini-Suites and get the additional benefit of access to the Sanctuary. The old Reserve Collection Cabana Mini-Suites (category C1/C2) on deck 9 will now become Cabana Deck Mini Suites but will lose the benefit of access to a private restaurant (unless already booked prior to April 23rd where this will still be honoured).

In summary, the Mini-Suites categories will be known as:

Category Name
M1 Sanctuary Mini-Suite
M2 Sanctuary Mini-Suite
MA Mini-Suite
MD Mini-Suite
CA Cabana Mini-Suite
CB Cabana Mini-Suite
C1 Cabana Deck Mini-Suite
C2 Cabana Deck Mini-Suite

Where did you see that the Cabana Deck Mini Suite does not get the Reserve amenities? They are still showing the Reserve benefits in their descriptions on the website. We were also told new name same benefits. 

Thanks, Kim

Edited by VikingRob
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, VikingRob said:

Where did you see that the Cabana Deck Mini Suite does not get the Reserve amenities? They are still showing the Reserve benefits in their descriptions on the website. We were also told new name same benefits. 

Thanks, Kim

Can you see Reserve Collection dining listed as a benefit when you try to book a Cabana Deck Mini Suite? The Princess website states that Sanctuary Collection is replacing Signature Collection and Reserve Collection.

22 minutes ago, VikingRob said:

Thanks, Kim

I have a C1 booked on the Sun.  When they announced the change, they announced that the Cabana Mini Suite Reserve would not be part of the Sanctuary class. However, any reservation made before the announcement would be grandfathered in and keep their amenities. My Travel Summary now reads :  Grandfathered Cabana Indicator

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

I have a C1 booked on the Sun.  When they announced the change, they announced that the Cabana Mini Suite Reserve would not be part of the Sanctuary class. However, any reservation made before the announcement would be grandfathered in and keep their amenities. My Travel Summary now reads :  Grandfathered Cabana Indicator

We have a C2 booked on the Star and it also says the same thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, VikingRob said:

We have a C2 booked on the Star and it also says the same thing. 

So your booking will keep the old reserve benefits, but new bookings, going forward, will not

5 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

So your booking will keep the old reserve benefits, but new bookings, going forward, will not

So mean dining in what is now called the Sanctuary restaurant?  I would assume we wouldn't get all of the the Sanctuary benefits. I'm sorry for all the questions. 

Reserve mini cabana suite cabins deck 9 are C1 C2 class cabins

These cabins can dine in Reserve Collection Restaurant on deck 7

NOT in Signature Restaurant deck 7 or have any access to Sanctuary lounge these are for Suite passengers M1 M2

however day pass can be purchased to get access to Sanctuary lounge area.

1 hour ago, VikingRob said:

So mean dining in what is now called the Sanctuary restaurant?  I would assume we wouldn't get all of the the Sanctuary benefits. I'm sorry for all the questions. 

There were two restaurants... reserve and signature . It is still unclear if they will keep one for suites and the other for the old reserve or if they will combine and make them both sanctuary. Either way, if you have the grandfathered indicator, you will have access to one , if not both. We will see how it works.

29 minutes ago, mikemonster said:

Reserve mini cabana suite cabins deck 9 are C1 C2 class cabins

These cabins can dine in Reserve Collection Restaurant on deck 7

NOT in Signature Restaurant deck 7 or have any access to Sanctuary lounge these are for Suite passengers M1 M2

however day pass can be purchased to get access to Sanctuary lounge area.

This has changed with the new Sanctuary designation. There is, no longer , a Reserve Collection, only Sanctuary. New bookings since April 24th will not include reserve/sanctuary dining for C1 or C2 cabins.  Reservations made before april 24th for C1 and C2 will be grandfathered for the newly renamed Sanctuary collection dining rooms

FLA thanks,

Since I’m (we’re) currently cruising so I’m relating what I’m seeing.

A few things have become clear

Princess had multiple years to plan out this ship and DID NOT use that time effectively. 

the number of changes to an already confusing list of cabin designations adds confusion on top of confusion.

Example- Reserve cabins were supposed to receive a bottle of wine on embarkation day and canapés daily upon request. We forgot about this on day 1 but when we asked day 2 we were told this is no longer a benefit ( though it was sold as a perk for the reserve class) Guest services confirmed this but went ahead provide us the perk , clearly we weren’t the first to bring this issue up. 

Princess continues to hide information from customers, make changes without notification and really make reactionary changes without thinking thugs thru only to change again all the while not letting anyone know what’s going on including their own support staff.
Too bad , they have a great product but poor decision makers managing the business.