FLL - Port Everglades - spring break - does it run into mid April?

We have a departure out of Port Everglades in mid April 2025.  Does spring break run into mid April?  I know peak is March.  Just trying to think how early I may need to book a hotel, and if that is still spring break for some - I would want to book farther away from the beach areas.

Thanks all!

University spring breaks are usually in March since many of them break for the summer no later than mid-May.

Spring breaks for public schools (K-12) oftentimes occur the week before or the week after Easter.   Next Easter year is on April 20.  Demand for cruises and hotels those 2 weeks will be high.

Finally the 3 day (Friday-Saturday-Sunday) Tortuga Music Festival is held in April and brings in around 100,000 spectators.  This year it was the first weekend in April.  The last few years it was the second weekend if I remember correctly.  Demand for hotels, especially near the beach where the festival is held, is high.

Book something now (or as soon as the schedule is released) that is refundable. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 8:58 PM, capriccio said:

University spring breaks are usually in March since many of them break for the summer no later than mid-May.

Spring breaks for public schools (K-12) oftentimes occur the week before or the week after Easter.   Next Easter year is on April 20.  Demand for cruises and hotels those 2 weeks will be high.

Finally the 3 day (Friday-Saturday-Sunday) Tortuga Music Festival is held in April and brings in around 100,000 spectators.  This year it was the first weekend in April.  The last few years it was the second weekend if I remember correctly.  Demand for hotels, especially near the beach where the festival is held, is high.

Book something now (or as soon as the schedule is released) that is refundable. 

Thanks.  I was not aware of the festival.  The cruise departs on April 17, which is a Thursday.  I think I will go ahead and book something since we may still have some spring breaks that fall a week before Easter.  I think there's a hotel called Riverside that seems to be a place spring breakers would avoid.

On 5/5/2024 at 6:22 PM, CruiserBruce said:

If you aren't putting any money in to it, why not book now?

I'm not sure what you mean?  I am just wanting to understand if spring break is happening, I will avoid a peak area for the beach?  I'm going to book now, and refundable - so not sure what you are asking?

Edited by Shiba_Lover

3 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

Thanks.  I was not aware of the festival.  The cruise departs on April 17, which is a Thursday.  I think I will go ahead and book something since we may still have some spring breaks that fall a week before Easter.  I think there's a hotel called Riverside that seems to be a place spring breakers would avoid.

You may get some families but not as many as you would for a Saturday or Sunday departure since your cruise departs mid-week.  While I've never stayed at the Riverside (since we are local) it gets very enthusiastic recommendations here and I think the location is the best in Fort Lauderdale for sightseeing. It has a water taxi stop (www.watertaxi.com) and the Carrie B (www.carriebcruises.com) sightseeing cruise out the back door and the free neighborhood shuttle (https://www.visitlauderdale.com/listing/laudergo-community-shuttle/18459/) out the front door plus lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

I'm not sure what you mean?  I am just wanting to understand if spring break is happening, I will avoid a peak area for the beach?  I'm going to book now, and refundable - so not sure what you are asking?

You indicated you needed to know how soon you needed to book the hotel. If you don't need to put down a deposit, nothing should restrict you from booking now. People ask this a lot...you can monitor prices and rebook if cheaper, then cancel the more expensive booking.

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

You indicated you needed to know how soon you needed to book the hotel. If you don't need to put down a deposit, nothing should restrict you from booking now. People ask this a lot...you can monitor prices and rebook if cheaper, then cancel the more expensive booking.

yes, aware I can do this.  thanks.  guess I should have phrased it better - as in need to figure out which hotel since I am not so familiar with where to stay, and want to avoid being in the midst of a bunch of drunk kids throwing up in hotel hallways 😁

The difference between March and April is who is on spring break....March is primarily college....some elementary and high schools but big college.  April spring break is primarily all elementary and high school...so family oriented.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bajathree said:

The difference between March and April is who is on spring break....March is primarily college....some elementary and high schools but big college.  April spring break is primarily all elementary and high school...so family oriented.

Thank!