San Juan Transportation Options for Sightseeing?

I am traveling with two mobility impaired seniors who would love to see the forts and maybe another place or two in San Juan.  Since the free hop on/off trolley isn't running, what options are there? 

51 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I am traveling with two mobility impaired seniors who would love to see the forts and maybe another place or two in San Juan.  Since the free hop on/off trolley isn't running, what options are there? 

Taxis and Uber are readily available in San Juan, but I'm not sure the forts are a wise choice of attraction to take anyone who is mobility impaired. Even if they could be magically transported there from the ship how would they be able to walk once there? Take a look at this:

Crowds enjoying a sunny day on a field outside Castillo San Felipe del Morro in San Juan.

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Taxis and Uber are readily available in San Juan, but I'm not sure the forts are a wise choice of attraction to take anyone who is mobility impaired. Even if they could be magically transported there from the ship how would they be able to walk once there? Take a look at this:

Crowds enjoying a sunny day on a field outside Castillo San Felipe del Morro in San Juan.

Doesn't that shuttle in the background run from the entrance to the castle?  Seems I was able to get on a shuttle at the castle down to the grounds entrance before?

24 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Doesn't that shuttle in the background run from the entrance to the castle?  Seems I was able to get on a shuttle at the castle down to the grounds entrance before?

I couldn't say if that's the case but I have no reason to doubt that you took it in the past. It doesn't change my mind about it not  being a good choice for mobility impaired people, even more so given San Juan's heat and humidity.

On 5/6/2024 at 9:48 PM, njhorseman said:

I couldn't say if that's the case but I have no reason to doubt that you took it in the past. It doesn't change my mind about it not  being a good choice for mobility impaired people, even more so given San Juan's heat and humidity.

I know but they sure are stubborn..

El Morro is doable if you can get a shuttle to the entrance. There are a lot of sloping ramps to get to the various levels of the fort. It’s not super smooth walking though. I’m mobility impaired and I managed it. 

that said, the heat, humidity and lack of a breeze while within the fort walls nearly did me in.  So if they do want to attempt it, I’d suggest a portable neck fan or handheld fan to manage the heat.