Queen Anne supplementary costs

snaver

Posted (edited)

Hi All

We're looking forward to sailing on Queen Anne in a few weeks time. Having seen the Cunard website and numerous vlogs of the ship, nothing seems to have been said about how much the supplementary restaurants (Sir Samuels, Tramonto, Aranya etc) cost to eat in, or whether they're a la carte (and what the dishes etc cost). Also, does anyone know the admission charge to The Bright Lights Society please, and what it includes please? None of this information seems to be on the My Cunard site, so I assume they're all bookable once on board? Also, is the pub lunch served in the Golden Lion still complimentary (as on the other Queens) or a paid extra, by Michel Roux?

Sorry for all the questions, but any help or insights greatly appreciated.

Edited by snaver
  • Like 1

The additional cost for speciality dining has been noted in another post. No charge for blue lights but need to book once on board and most items in Golden Lion are still included except for a couple of Michel Roux inspired dishes including cheese on toast and burgers.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 8:15 AM, TowandaUK said:

Sir Samuels lunch $31.50 pp

Sir Samuels dinner $58.50 pp
Aranya $31.50 pp
Tramonto $18.10 pp
Aji Wa Pay a la carte $20 deposit to secure a booking, to be taken from the final bill.

There are no details at present of a dining package. 

Edited by Pear Carr
  • Like 2

Sir Samuels dinner is $58.50

All have supplementary items with extra cost. All will cost more if bought aboard, although you can use obc if bought onboard. Wines seem to be pricier in the speciality restaurants compared to other bars. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bright lights is free. It’s bookable once onboard, 2 performances per night. I have read that it is very popular so book early. 
Golden lion - only the Michel Roux dishes are chargeable. All the traditional items are included. Some of the items that are on the other Queens appear to be missing, however these seem to be available on the specials board. 

Oops sorry Pear Carr has already posted these details

Edited by TowandaUK
already answered
  • Like 1

Thank you all, much appreciated. As long as the fish & chips are still in the Golden Lion (and as good), I'll be happy. $58.50 for dinner in Sir Samuels seems rather a lot... is the unicorn fillet included in that, or supplementary?!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, snaver said:

Thank you all, much appreciated. As long as the fish & chips are still in the Golden Lion (and as good), I'll be happy. $58.50 for dinner in Sir Samuels seems rather a lot... is the unicorn fillet included in that, or supplementary?!

The effort involved in catching said unicorn, plus the table-side finishing will add a pretty hefty supplement which is understandable for such a rare dish! 🙂

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

The effort involved in catching said unicorn, plus the table-side finishing will add a pretty hefty supplement which is understandable for such a rare dish! 🙂

I thought unicorns were protected now anyway. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I thought unicorns were protected now anyway. 😀

Not the 'farmed' animals. Mind you the territory involved is world wide so moot point really as catching one is more rare than flying pigs.

Hence the incredible supplement which again is moot as I don't think any have been caught!

I'd love to try the seafood platter though, another supplement, but we won't be trying Sir Sam's so I might ask if a modified platter is available as an off menu request for dinner.

• Haha 2

I think as a vegetarian the Golden Lion offering of a vegie burger for $8.50 is a RIP OFF. What happened to the vegie pie that was included? Not a good move Cunard its just not acceptable. BAD VERY BAD.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

Niche question; but on "My Cunard" for several of the specialty dining restaurants it says that if you " order a vegetarian appetiser and entree your bill will be adjusted accordingly on-board".This is presumably because I won't be ordering the Unicorn! I assumed this means that the cover charge is reduced. When I asked Cunard customer service what this meant/ how much the reduction is, they said they didn't know and to check on board. Has anyone experienced this? Have booked a meal at Tramonto but might treat myself to a few speciality dining trips on board, if the discount is reasonable 😁

Edited by Owen4167

I had a very nice lunch in Sir Samuel's but I was a little bit surprised about the number of menu items with an additional charge when there was already a cover charge. The crab cakes appetiser was one I remember. Can't recall the others. I can understand for the wagyu beef but crab cakes? This is a change compared to the menu previously shared on the forum which showed no supplement. it was a good meal but the menu seemed smaller than when we dined in the QV's Verandah last year. I would still recommended it and it is in a better location (i.e. for the views of the sea)

• Thanks 1