4th December: Mumbai to Singapore on the Dawn - CANCELLED?

LAL Cruiser

18 hours ago, LikeNiceThings said:

Silversea has now posted the revised 14-day Whisper itinerary with pricing.   It compares unfavorably to the cancelled 18-day Dawn sailing that we had booked.  After subtracting the 15% discount, our cruise fare would still be 22% higher for a comparable suite notwithstanding 4 fewer days, reduced ports/time in port, less amenities/dining venues on an older, smaller ship. We won’t likely pursue this option.

That's awful. I just checked the website and the price at our level is £5000 more expensive than when we booked. I also did a cost per night comparison and even with the 20% reduction we have been offered, the cost per night has slightly increased. For us they have removed the most interesting ports so it will take a lot more than a 20% reduction to keep us on board.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mumcat said:

That's awful. I just checked the website and the price at our level is £5000 more expensive than when we booked. I also did a cost per night comparison and even with the 20% reduction we have been offered, the cost per night has slightly increased. For us they have removed the most interesting ports so it will take a lot more than a 20% reduction to keep us on board.

Insist that SS provide the replacement cruise as a replacement for your cancelled cruise.  No further payment necessary.  And if they won’t refund you for the lost days, demand OBC in lieu.  It really should be that simple. Why does Silversea complicate a simple swap?

9 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Insist that SS provide the replacement cruise as a replacement for your cancelled cruise.  No further payment necessary.  And if they won’t refund you for the lost days, demand OBC in lieu.  It really should be that simple. Why does Silversea complicate a simple swap?

My cruise isn't cancelled. Its the cruise on Dawn that is cancelled.  My cruise has been reduced from 18 to 14 days by removing 3 days in India and one in Sri Lanka. 

We had a May 2025 back to back cruise Singapore to Doha then Doha to Athens. SS shortened the first sector and delayed the second sector leaving us 6 days in Doha. They offered us 15% off the first sector. I said I would accept it on the condition they paid for the accommodation in Doha. They refused so we asked for a reduction in the fare for being 2 days shorter plus the 15%. It took nearly 3 month of arguing but they eventually agreed. then we cancelled the Doha to Athens cruise.

When Azamara was told by Piraeus Port that they couldn't dock until a day later at the end of our cruise, they added an extra port – and didn't charge us for the extra day or the extra port fees.  But they aren't luxury...

• Haha 1

With significant itinerary disruptions caused by widespread geopolitical tensions, Silversea management is clearly following RCL Corporate’s edicts to preserve revenues and mitigate expenses.  Unfortunately, customer care seems to have been sacrificed in the process.  Every marketing student knows that losing a customer you already have is a very high cost.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, LikeNiceThings said:

With significant itinerary disruptions caused by widespread geopolitical tensions, Silversea management is clearly following RCL Corporate’s edicts to preserve revenues and mitigate expenses.  Unfortunately, customer care seems to have been sacrificed in the process.  Every marketing student knows that losing a customer you already have is a very high cost.

Many cruise lines seem to be taking the opposite tack:  existing customers with big loyalty amenities are too expensive to keep.  Better to get newbies who have to pay for everything, and who don't remember 'the good old days.'  And they seem to think that just because 90% (made-up number) of the population hasn't cruised, that is the potential market – never mind that most of those people have no interest in cruising and never will.

• Like 1

I have just looked at this cruise on line and it is Waitlisted. Does anyone have any idea what this means? Is it full or is it going to be cancelled ?