Livorno shuttle

rnjennifer3

My group has an excursion to Florence and Pisa reserved with GetYourGuide and the meeting point is at Piazza dell’ Arsenale which is within the port of Livorno, but I can’t figure out how to get from our cruise pier to that area. I’ve presented the inquiry to get your guide and and the tour operator but I’ve yet to hear response. From what I understand, the shuttles only go from the cruise pier directly into town at Piazza Municipale in town. I’m wondering if anyone who has been to this port would have any information on this? 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rnjennifer3 said:

My group has an excursion to Florence and Pisa reserved with GetYourGuide and the meeting point is at Piazza dell’ Arsenale which is within the port of Livorno, but I can’t figure out how to get from our cruise pier to that area. I’ve presented the inquiry to get your guide and and the tour operator but I’ve yet to hear response. From what I understand, the shuttles only go from the cruise pier directly into town at Piazza Municipale in town. I’m wondering if anyone who has been to this port would have any information on this? 

When I was in Livorno years ago, the ship-supplied shuttle into town dropped off (and picked up) at Piazza Grande.  That looks to be about 4 blocks from the start of the street that Google Maps labels as Piazza dell’ Arsenale.  I consider that to be walking distance.  But Arsenale appears to have some distance to it, so it could be further, depending on where your tour operator wants you. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

They also need to give you more specificity as to where in/on Piazza dell'Arsenale.  According to both Via Michelin and Google maps, it's not a central location, everything from one traffic circle to the other is termed Piazza dell'Arsendale (about 180 meters/one-tenth of a mile).

For what it's worth, both Via Michelin and Google maps show a walking route from the area where cruise ships typically port at Livorno (banchine 75, 46-47) to Piazza dell'Arsendale of about 1 km/six-tenths of a mile.  If you're allowed to walk there it's pretty close.

If they force you to take the shuttle to Piazza del Municipio, the walk back to Arsendale is about a half mile.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

They also need to give you more specificity as to where in/on Piazza dell'Arsenale.  According to both Via Michelin and Google maps, it's not a central location, everything from one traffic circle to the other is termed Piazza dell'Arsendale (about 180 meters/one-tenth of a mile).

For what it's worth, both Via Michelin and Google maps show a walking route from the area where cruise ships typically port at Livorno (banchine 75, 46-47) to Piazza dell'Arsendale of about 1 km/six-tenths of a mile.  If you're allowed to walk there it's pretty close.

If they force you to take the shuttle to Piazza del Municipio, the walk back to Arsendale is about a half mile.

Thank you so much. This is very helpful regarding options if I don’t get a response. There is a specific address and I suppose it’s off that road.  We leave in a couple of weeks and I was having some anxiety 🥴.