Live from the Beyond! May 18, ABC Sailing

3 hours ago, gatour said:

Thanks for the additional information.  When I saw your first photograph of your cabin days ago, I figured it was a deluxe inside cabin since it seemed large.  Amazed now that you said it was the "smaller" inside cabin.  Looking at the deck plans it looks like they are shorter but wider than the deluxe inside cabin.

I am considering a Celebrity Beyond cruise.  I initially was thinking the type of cabin you had but then switched to think deluxe inside seemed it to seem larger.  Now I am thinking about the cabin category you had.  Thanks

I would probably go with the deluxe. The amount of space was not an issue for u, but the bathroom placement was right next to the bed. Below is the layout for the deluxe. In that one, the bathroom door is near the entrance to the room. So that would help with noise with your partner using the restroom at night.Overall though, it was not a huge issue. Our room was more square shaped. 

image.thumb.png.fe46b4c6b68233dec8c6d66bad0f327f.png

2 hours ago, depplep said:

We sail in 46 days. I can't wait to try your food and drink recommendations. Did you happen to go to Le Grand Bistro? I was looking for some feedback on the food there and also to verify that it's really only open 2hrs a day?

We did not go, but I have heard good things. I think those hours are accurate because the restaurant is only open for lunch. For dinner, the space is transformed into La Petit Chef, so it is a different menu/experience.

27 minutes ago, chrismch said:

Where were those final aerial views of the ship taken?

That was from the plane! FLL has one flight path for departing planes that always goes over the port and out to the ocean before adjusting for wherever you're going. If you want to catch a good view of the ships, sit on the left side of the plane. 

• Like 1

What were you general impressions of space around the ship in regards to 2 people (it sounds like you were in a group so I know it's more of a struggle likely)?  Were loungers easy enough to find?  Buffet seating?  Getting into the shows?  Did you feel kids were in the background or in the way?  I sailing for the first time after Covid in July on Beyond and I've been reading many are struggling with the crowds - oddly, I see more comments on crowded smaller ships than the larger ones on Celebrity posts.  Opposite on some of the other lines.  

18 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

What were you general impressions of space around the ship in regards to 2 people (it sounds like you were in a group so I know it's more of a struggle likely)?  Were loungers easy enough to find?  Buffet seating?  Getting into the shows?  Did you feel kids were in the background or in the way?  I sailing for the first time after Covid in July on Beyond and I've been reading many are struggling with the crowds - oddly, I see more comments on crowded smaller ships than the larger ones on Celebrity posts.  Opposite on some of the other lines.  

I think for 2 people it would be a breeze. Now I didn’t do shows or lounge on the pool deck, so I can’t speak to that. Walking around the pool deck, it seemed like there was usually something open. 

As for kids, I think I heard there were 38 total on board? I almost never saw any. 

• Like 1

Oh wow - 38 is surprising.  How did you find such cheap itineraries?  I'm looking at cozumel, Georgetown & Bimini and nothing is near that affordable - looks like $60 is cheapest for a resort day. Is it because of port?

3 hours ago, TGfromTX said:

Oh wow - 38 is surprising.  How did you find such cheap itineraries?  I'm looking at cozumel, Georgetown & Bimini and nothing is near that affordable - looks like $60 is cheapest for a resort day. Is it because of port?

I think it’s mostly the ports. I’m not familiar with Grand Cayman and Bimini, but I know Cozumel typically has all inclusive resorts to the day passes are more expensive. You might try reaching out to local hotels (non all inclusive) to see if they offer a day pass.