Quick heads up appreciated for booking Sun specialty dining and Spellbound

When would it be normal to book specialty dining and Spellbound? We have the newest Princess app installed (nothing yet)and will be staying in a Sanctuary suite.Cruise is in Jan. 25. 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

50 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

When would it be normal to book specialty dining and Spellbound? We have the newest Princess app installed (nothing yet)and will be staying in a Sanctuary suite.Cruise is in Jan. 25. 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you're not Platinum or Elite, then after you've made final payment.

I can currently make reservations for my Dec and Jan cruises, but am Elite..  

17 hours ago, reedprincess said:

If you're not Platinum or Elite, then after you've made final payment.

I can currently make reservations for my Dec and Jan cruises, but am Elite..  

Thanks for that. I am Platinum but nothing shows up in my app.....I guess I can reach out to my box store TA which used to be easy but now a bit frustrating. 

Well apparently everything Sun remains a mystery. I called Princess and spoke to a manager and while I (as a Platinum) can book specialty dining in advance on every other ship in the fleet this does not hold true for the Sun (nobody seems to know why) . So you can book 90 days in advance. 

Very frustrated to waste my time on this. I was looking at Princess suite on Sphere class as an alternative to X and MSC but there already (a few months later) are so many changes and confusion I may just give up on them.  

1 hour ago, chisoxfan said:

Well apparently everything Sun remains a mystery. I called Princess and spoke to a manager and while I (as a Platinum) can book specialty dining in advance on every other ship in the fleet this does not hold true for the Sun (nobody seems to know why) . So you can book 90 days in advance. 

Very frustrated to waste my time on this. I was looking at Princess suite on Sphere class as an alternative to X and MSC but there already (a few months later) are so many changes and confusion I may just give up on them.  

Not sure why you're encountering issues, given your Platinum, etc 

As I noted, I've booked MDR and specialty dining for my Dec and early Jan cruises.. 

Spellbound is not available yet - it comes and goes for whatever reason, with every update. I'm not worried about getting a night though as it's twice a night every night and it's very niche (and pricey, for Princess) and not appealing to a majority for whatever reason.  By then, the bloom will be off, so to speak, lol...

Dinner reservations really aren't necessary, BTW.. walk-ins are completely easy and welcome..and there's also 2 set dining times, if that's more your speed. 

As a massive MSc fan, and a regular X cruiser also, overall, Princess is our go to for easy cruising - but the Sun launch and subsequent changes are a debacle of epic proportions. It's unbelievable that, within less than 2 months of launching, they're making massive changes to cabin categories and inclusions, deck spaces, etc. That, almost three months in, there's still several venues not open..that, for a ship of this size, the theater sits 1000 and the Done only seats approximately 230. And shows are only twice a night!  That there's only 2 casual dining (and they're small!), but 7 specialty - and the specialty is more expensive than other ships! 

Overall, we're looking forward to our cruise, but yeah - it's a major departure, and a headache.   I'm not even going to look at it again til we're within a month of final payment, it's just overwhelming!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, once aboard.....😉

59 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Not sure why you're encountering issues, given your Platinum, etc 

As I noted, I've booked MDR and specialty dining for my Dec and early Jan cruises.. 

Spellbound is not available yet - it comes and goes for whatever reason, with every update. I'm not worried about getting a night though as it's twice a night every night and it's very niche (and pricey, for Princess) and not appealing to a majority for whatever reason.  By then, the bloom will be off, so to speak, lol...

Dinner reservations really aren't necessary, BTW.. walk-ins are completely easy and welcome..and there's also 2 set dining times, if that's more your speed. 

As a massive MSc fan, and a regular X cruiser also, overall, Princess is our go to for easy cruising - but the Sun launch and subsequent changes are a debacle of epic proportions. It's unbelievable that, within less than 2 months of launching, they're making massive changes to cabin categories and inclusions, deck spaces, etc. That, almost three months in, there's still several venues not open..that, for a ship of this size, the theater sits 1000 and the Done only seats approximately 230. And shows are only twice a night!  That there's only 2 casual dining (and they're small!), but 7 specialty - and the specialty is more expensive than other ships! 

Overall, we're looking forward to our cruise, but yeah - it's a major departure, and a headache.   I'm not even going to look at it again til we're within a month of final payment, it's just overwhelming!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, once aboard.....😉

It wasn't clear (to me) in your earlier post that you had made reservations for dining on Sun. If that is the case the fact that I cannot do this speaking directly to Princess (and a supervisor)  is even more confusing.  We can agree that Princess has mucked up this Sun intoduction.