Providing Own Transportation on Princess Excursion

We will be on the Princess Sapphire in June, going from Vancouver to Whittier. I have arrangements at the Shrine of St. Therese in Juneau to renew our wedding vows. We have an excursion through Princess to Mendenhall Glacier prior to the renewal, so I'm wondering if I HAVE to return on the Princess Excursion shuttle to the ship from Mendenhall, or do they allow us to not return with them? The reason for this question is we pass the Shrine when going from Mendenhall to the ship. I'm thinking of getting transportation from Mendenhall to the Shrine, and then to the ship. This would save us a lot of time. Does anyone have any experience with something similar?

What a lovely plan.

I have often peeled off from a tour after starting it, but I ask the guide first so he or she won't waste the others' time waiting for me to show up somewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Pajay1962 said:

We will be on the Princess Sapphire in June, going from Vancouver to Whittier. I have arrangements at the Shrine of St. Therese in Juneau to renew our wedding vows. We have an excursion through Princess to Mendenhall Glacier prior to the renewal, so I'm wondering if I HAVE to return on the Princess Excursion shuttle to the ship from Mendenhall, or do they allow us to not return with them? The reason for this question is we pass the Shrine when going from Mendenhall to the ship. I'm thinking of getting transportation from Mendenhall to the Shrine, and then to the ship. This would save us a lot of time. Does anyone have any experience with something similar?

If you are going to get your own transportation from Mendenhall to the Shrine anyway, maybe you should save the money for the excursion and use it for a car rental....assuming you can get a car at the ship somehow. Then you could just take the car to Mendenhall on your own and travel to the Shrine when you are ready to go.

Just a suggestion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pajay1962 said:

Even if you don't want to rent a car, I would definitely look into providing your own transportation from the ship to Mendenhall. It will be much less expensive and more convenient that the Princess excursion. Since you are planning to arrange private transportation from Mendenhall to the Shrine and from the Shrine to the ship, arrange all of the transportation in a single package.

• Like 2

You don't pass the Shrine when traveling from Mendenhall and ship. The Shrine is way north of Mendenhall.  Renting a car is probably your best option.  Have you priced taxi/uber for what you are planning?  A car rental is likely cheaper.

9 hours ago, sherryf said:

You don't pass the Shrine when traveling from Mendenhall and ship. The Shrine is way north of Mendenhall.  Renting a car is probably your best option.  Have you priced taxi/uber for what you are planning?  A car rental is likely cheaper.

Yes, I saw that after I posted, thanks.