YC Snacks

mcoler181

Don't ask me why but I am really looking forward to the snacks in the Top Sail Lounge.

Am I right in saying they change throughout the day? What sort of things can I expect on there?

• Like 1

It depends on the ship you are on. Virtuosa for example has a cold area where they set out snacks that do change throughout the day.

Early morning things like small fruit plates, filled croissants etc. . Later in the morning small savoury and sweet snacks like olives, arancini balls, coristi, melon with l’arma, small sweet cakes. Later in the day mini sandwiches and bigger cakes (afternoon tea also available). Night time back to savoury snacks and really pretty Pettit fours and chocolates.

On Euribia the snack area was replaced with a massive wine rack. You could still request snacks but they were imo boring and the same all the time. Nothing like as nice. You could request nuts and crisps etc as well.

Whichever ship you are on the YC service is great and you will not starve.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

It depends on the ship you are on. Virtuosa for example has a cold area where they set out snacks that do change throughout the day.

Early morning things like small fruit plates, filled croissants etc. . Later in the morning small savoury and sweet snacks like olives, arancini balls, coristi, melon with l’arma, small sweet cakes. Later in the day mini sandwiches and bigger cakes (afternoon tea also available). Night time back to savoury snacks and really pretty Pettit fours and chocolates.

On Euribia the snack area was replaced with a massive wine rack. You could still request snacks but they were imo boring and the same all the time. Nothing like as nice. You could request nuts and crisps etc as well.

Whichever ship you are on the YC service is great and you will not starve.

Thanks. 

Its Virtuosa in 6 weeks time, not that I'm counting.

2 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

Thanks. 

Its Virtuosa in 6 weeks time, not that I'm counting.

If you haven’t done it before I’m sure you will enjoy it.

If you like little snacks then there are also “surprises” delivered to you suite ever night. There are also snacks left in your fridge, a coffee machine, a full mini bar and don’t forget to select your litre bottle of spirits for the room and your daily newspaper.

Room service is complimentry and if you like pizza and calzone then it’s some of the best available on a cruise ship. 

Don’t be restricted by the YC menus in the restaurant. If you want one of the excellent pastas or risottos as a smaller portion starter or intermediate course rather than as a main then just ask. Any reasonable request is considered. Want cheese after pudding, there is a nice cheese trolley to choose from and add a nice liquor or dessert wine - all included.

We only found YC by accident a few years ago when a cruise on another line was cancelled at the very last minute due to an engine. We have used it many times since and always had an enjoyable cruise. I hope you do too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

If you haven’t done it before I’m sure you will enjoy it.

If you like little snacks then there are also “surprises” delivered to you suite ever night. There are also snacks left in your fridge, a coffee machine, a full mini bar and don’t forget to select your litre bottle of spirits for the room and your daily newspaper.

Room service is complimentry and if you like pizza and calzone then it’s some of the best available on a cruise ship. 

Don’t be restricted by the YC menus in the restaurant. If you want one of the excellent pastas or risottos as a smaller portion starter or intermediate course rather than as a main then just ask. Any reasonable request is considered. Want cheese after pudding, there is a nice cheese trolley to choose from and add a nice liquor or dessert wine - all included.

We only found YC by accident a few years ago when a cruise on another line was cancelled at the very last minute due to an engine. We have used it many times since and always had an enjoyable cruise. I hope you do too.

Thanks for the advice, really looking forward to it. 

1 hour ago, SailorfromBrazil said:

There will be an assortment of snacks at the YC Sundeck Bar as well, finger food, pastries, and many more.

We enjoy breakfast up there some days. Yes nice snacks and food up in the fresh air.

• Like 1

Our April experience on the Mera vs last July was different. Not as good. Breakfast was good/same. Fruit, croissants, apple turnover, salmon on toast. Everything throughout the day and evening was not. Last year, flavored chips, this year walnuts and raisins. After missing dinner one night, went to topsail lounge, about 1030, chocolate covered apples. It seems variety has downgraded. Hope you have better luck.

This is what they serve for snacks at breakfast and in the afternoon on the Euribia. We never asked for anything else. They always brought a plate  of chocolates. We usually had to tell them not to bring anything because we would be there before or after a meal. All of the courses with meals were so filling anyway!

image.thumb.jpeg.0329924f5e48a9977d60cd2edfab44e5.jpeg

image.jpeg