Carnival Panorama parking in Long Beach

Hubby and I leave on Carnival Panorama next Saturday 5/25. I still haven't heard anything official from Carnival regarding the parking situation. I have read through trip reports saying that Panorama guests need to park off site at the convention center. Is this true? What's the process for it? 

Currently debating trying to get a cruise and stay package or even parking at the airport and then ubering over instead of parking at the port. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, pblack said:

Hubby and I leave on Carnival Panorama next Saturday 5/25. I still haven't heard anything official from Carnival regarding the parking situation. I have read through trip reports saying that Panorama guests need to park off site at the convention center. Is this true? What's the process for it? 

Currently debating trying to get a cruise and stay package or even parking at the airport and then ubering over instead of parking at the port. 

If you can get park and cruise, do it. 3 weeks ago, we had to wait in the back-up just to get a piece of paper to tell us where we were parking, which wasn't the convention center. Rumor has it Ubers are not taking people to the port, but they will take you to the edge of the parking lot of the Queen Mary.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Rumor has it Ubers are not taking people to the port, but they will take you to the edge of the parking lot of the Queen Mary

ride share drop off can be right at the terminal, but if you wish to get there faster (during traffic backup), alternate spot is the queen mary (which is under 5 min walk)

• Like 3

My understanding is Panorama is now parking offsite it could be 1 of 3 different parking lots.  We are supposed to get notifications from Carnival with the instructions.  Past cruisers are saying they ate getting the notification only 2 days before their cruise.  I have heard it is taking over 1 1/2 hours to get parked.  you need to go to the terminal drop your luggage and passengers, get a ticket from a parking attendance with the instructions where to park.  There are shuttles to the different parking lots and some are saying to verify what lot the shuttle is going to that you get on.  We re on the 5/25 sailing and have not received an email yet.

• Like 3

Oh, Man!  It wasn't the Convention Center?  That stinks.  The Convention Center was so much nicer than the city lot be had parked at before.  It felt safer as well since there wasn't as much in and out traffic.  UGH!!!

• Like 1

Thanks all! I think we're definitely going to plan to park elsewhere. I've never thought about just ubering to the queen Mary, so I may have to do that too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pblack said:

They will send you instructions next week sometime.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the May 25 - June 2 Panorama cruise. Cruise was fantastic...parking not so much. I would advise avoiding Carnival's offsite parking. We received instructions to park at 11 Golden Shore, after dropping off our bags and passengers at the terminal, that part was not a problem and its not particularly hard to find. Once there however, it was a mess. Half the workers were on their phones not paying attention, which led to the guy in charge, I guess he was in charge, to completely blow his top and start yelling at the cars in front of us because no one told them to stop. We were parking in an open lot to the right of 11 Golden Shore, it isn't very big. It didn't seem like they had very much experience directing the parking of the cars, as cars were going the wrong way down tight lanes and cars were having to park really tight with each other, I got lucky and was able to back into the last spot in a line next to a tree. We then made our way to the buses that took us back to the terminal.  As I said our cruise was great, however we had to return to the lot.

So, you gather your bags, we used a porter, then head outside to the buses. There seemed to be no one in charge, with about 8 or more buses there. Twice we were told to go to buses that were not ours. Finally, our porter gave up, as no one would give him a straight answer. We eventually, after another three tries, found our bus and headed to the lot. After getting dropped off about a half block away we made it back up to the lot, where they were letting cars go into the tight lot as cars were also trying to get out; another mess, no one directing anything. There we got to witness the same guy, supervisor?, giving the finger to four or five cars that were leaving, not really sure why, he was just really mad again. All in all, my advice is to avoid the Carnival off-site lots. Again however the cruise was absolutely fantastic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1