Excursion age limits

It is annoying.  I understand the insurance issue.  Of course there are plenty of us older 

travelers who are in better shape and health than younger ones, but I guess they have to go with the averages. 

So far I haven't encountered even a ship tour (on the rare occasion we do one) that I have aged out of, but since 79 is only a week away, I am sure it will happen, especially once I hit 80.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, emeraldcity said:

It's annoying, I agree. I've "aged out" of a number of excursions ... particularly in Mexico. Seriously, why can't a 70+ person ride in a "go fast" boat?! And then there was the segway somewhere in the Caribbean I was too old for ... but apparently I wasn't to old for one in Bermuda. It's all about the vendor and there is no way around it. Believe me, I tried.

My dad (83) was just excluded for a trolley tour at a port.  He is too old to ride a trolley... I am still shaking my head at that one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KimA75 said:

My dad (83) was just excluded for a trolley tour at a port.  He is too old to ride a trolley... I am still shaking my head at that one.

Oh-my-gosh!  Unbelievable.  

It is very frustrating and there is no rhyme or reason to the exclusions.  Last year I was excluded from a beach excursion that I had done in the past.  It included eating, drinking, beach chairs and a shallow walk in beach.  But hey there was an adrenaline packed zip line adventure I could book.  

• Haha 2

I know-- I mean, I walk, I hike, I swim a lot, I have snorkeled for many years, I paddle board almost daily in the summer, etc., etc and yet I can't ride a trolley?  Or go to a beach?  Arrgh!

Some of these exclusions sound really crazy. What could possibly be wrong about a senior riding in a trolley for goodness sake? And a beach? -I live near the beach and go often. I have 80 year old friends who have zip lined, ridden on camels and taken 4x4 tours in jungles. Who makes these decisions? My guess is 30 year olds sitting in an office somewhere! LOL

• Like 1