NCL Oceania Regent Loyalty Programs to be Consolidated

Just now, jjs217 said:

Unfortunately, that is not the way it's going to work.  The main line ships are pretty much cut to the bone to start with as everything is pay as you go.  That only leaves the mid and luxury lines to feel the cuts.

The cuts are across the board....with fuel, staff, quantity of food waste and marketing being the top areas being cut.

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

The cuts are across the board....with fuel, staff, quantity of food waste and marketing being the top areas being cut.

Sorry - not convinced.  

21 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

Sorry - not convinced.  

It's OK - my source is the Investor day data that was released as well as quarterly SEC filings. It is easily verifiable online. We are seeing this across the industry...it will be a few years before the cruise lines recover.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

It's OK - my source is the Investor day data that was released as well as quarterly SEC filings. It is easily verifiable online. We are seeing this across the industry...it will be a few years before the cruise lines recover.

I understand there will be cuts across the line, but I doubt it will be evenly distributed among the line.  You can't get blood from a turnip.  You can, however, serve a lower quality complimentary caviar, champagne, steak, etc. etc.  I am a Regent fan and will not stop cruising on Regent, even if they serve Cook's....................well, maybe I went too far.

2 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

I understand there will be cuts across the line, but I doubt it will be evenly distributed among the line.  You can't get blood from a turnip.  You can, however, serve a lower quality complimentary caviar, champagne, steak, etc. etc.  I am a Regent fan and will not stop cruising on Regent, even if they serve Cook's....................well, maybe I went too far.

Regent steak is a drop in the bucket compared to the sheer amount of stuff consumed/wasted on ships with 6K guests. While NCLH makes a ton off Regent guests on a per guest basis, they spend a lot more on NCL than Regent even with the fare disparity and that volume creates opportunities to cut staff, consumption and fuel usage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Regent steak is a drop in the bucket compared to the sheer amount of stuff consumed/wasted on ships with 6K guests. While NCLH makes a ton off Regent guests on a per guest basis, they spend a lot more on NCL than Regent even with the fare disparity and that volume creates opportunities to cut staff, consumption and fuel usage.

Okey-dokey.

21 hours ago, Guerncruising said:

it becomes more difficult to pay premium prices and not receive premium service and that’s where people may vote with their feet

I agree 100%, but we started sailing Regent in 2018 and have done 4 post Covid cruise, Navigator, Mariner, Grandeur, and Explorer (in that order).  The only service glitches we found were occasionally on Grandeur and  a couple on Mariner.  And a big part of that was both full ships and new crew members.  But when we cruised on Explorer in Feb. it was amazing.  There were no service issues at all, we were very happy with the food, wines, and alcohol selection, and even the Destination Services excelled (same with Navigator in 2022).  

From what I read on other boards, and occasionally on this one, people who "voted with their feet," use those same "feet" to come running back to Regent because they're finding that it isn't better, and often times worse, on other cruise lines.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

…….. people who "voted with their feet," use those same "feet" to come running back to Regent because they're finding that it isn't better, and often times worse, on other cruise lines.    

I am sure that you are correct. We have looked at other lines but invariably come back to Regent. 

• Like 2

A "Bridge [service cut] Too Far" for us would involve those two evening turndown chocolates on the Suite bed. 

Should Regent take that particular 'perk away; and we will be away for the duration. 

Lest one take the above too seriously: consider the context of applying a Bridge Too Far analogy to any contemporary situation.  Genesis is Cornelius Ryan's 1974 book by the same title. WWII's "Operation Market-Garden".  That particular bridge was at Arnhem, Holland.  

Had the opportunity to visit that historic site--and travel on a portion of the road leading to it several years ago.   

Sobering.  

Do a Google. 

Let us keep 1st World "things" and problems in perspective. Having cruised on the other 5+star lines on pre and post-Pandemic segments--no second thoughts as to continuing devoting the majority of our SKI (spending the kid's inheritance) dollars on Regent. 

In two weeks: early at London for a few days before boarding Splendor

Best.

GOARMY!

• Like 2

The concerns listed on this topic and several other what if topics are guessing at what will change, I think it may be best to wait and see what does change before worrying about the changes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scout16 said:

The concerns listed on this topic and several other what if topics are guessing at what will change, I think it may be best to wait and see what does change before worrying about the changes. 

This - excellent advice - no point in worrying until we know the facts.