TxTeach79's LIVE Venezia Summer 10 Day from NYC 5/27

6 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Fern from Animal House? (sorry, and yes - I'm 30 pages behind!)

Welcome, my Port Canaveral brethren 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Pande - can you post a picture of her? (If she's a her 😂) I'm wondering if she's the one we met on Mardi Gras.

pande, in this case, is very much a man

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Welcome, my Port Canaveral brethren 

SISTER - your Port Canaveral sister. 😂

3 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

pande, in this case, is very much a man

Well hell, I'm a sister, Pande's a man. Not the same one then, I guess. 🤷‍♀️😂

• Haha 8

On 5/29/2024 at 7:32 PM, TxTeach79 said:

These barstools did a number on my glutes on Horizon. I’ve learned my lesson. 

IMG_0782.thumb.jpeg.adbaa6ce8285ade9d83a4288b43e60ea.jpeg

I really disliked those toadstool seats on Vista!! We sat in those a night or two and it hurt so bad. 🤦‍♀️ Knights lost to the noles tonight - so I'm off to bed still pouting! I'll pick up on page 57 tomorrow morning. 😎

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 10:07 AM, fla33023 said:

As much as we rag on Nassau, I'm pretty sure everyone would love to get up from their desks right now and see this for themselves! What a beautiful day!

Yes, we had this exact view two weeks ago on the Celebration, spectacular! We were the first ones there and only one other ship was coming in, I think it was the Freedom. At first we were bummed we were docking in the outside lane but once the sun came out oh my, what a gorgeous view!  We did get off early to shop a bit but spent the rest of the day enjoying our balcony and that view. I am thoroughly enjoying your review and trying to catch up but you are hard to catch up with! 😜

Edited by LaRue1975
  • Like 7

Ta-Da all caught up! I knew this was gonna be wild and crazy. Students, fellow teachers, that's insane

Seeing your dad's favorite bartender, that was fitting. Right place at the right time.

I'm pretty sad because last year this exact cruise was gonna be my first booked cruise of 2024. Then life happened and the opportunity was lost. 

Have wanted to cruise this ship since I first saw it and after seeing Saint Greg's New York/cruise reviews sparked an interest for the first time of visiting New York when it had always been a hard no, nope, never.

I'm glad I was able to make Alaska happen instead but gotta admit I'm kinda feeling buyers remorse lol.

• Like 4

On 5/26/2024 at 1:35 PM, Saint Greg said:

They retired Strawberry’s number. Which is actually how I became a Mets fan. My stepfather got me into collecting baseball cards but I didn’t know any of the players yet. You’d keep the cards in a shoe box and carry them to your friends house. Kid across the street. Two years older than me offers me 20 card for 1. I do it…and run back across the street excited to show the stepdad my haul. He asks “who was the one?” I don’t know. Something Strawberry. And I became a Mets fan.

IMG_0953.thumb.jpeg.169d693822aa689a3b93f54d57de8a99.jpeg

IMG_1083.thumb.jpeg.47aad38503b2f3a12744ee16f8bfa7c2.jpeg

• Like 12

Yay, I’m all caught up, thanks so much for the LIVE review! I don’t sail on the Venezia until November next year but will be on the Firenze in September. I can’t believe you have a student on board, talk about a party pooper. 🤦🏼‍♀️ You are handling it well and I am looking forward to all the fun now that I am following along live, cheers! 

• Like 2

Morning! Already cleared by 7:45a. Still undecided what I’m going to do tonight. I think I’ll start by lying here and “thinking” for a bit. 

• Like 12