Regent Management is Horrific

2 hours ago, zak477 said:

We were on the Grandeur in January in F1. Suite was wonderful, well appointed. But we too had an issue with our neighbors on one side of us. TV very loud, they yelled at each other and this was from day 1.  The Cruise Director didn't have the "Get to Know your Neighbors" party till the 4th afternoon. We finally met the couple, they were in the 80s and both had hearing aids, the old types.  Sometimes, it is not a Regent problem. 

We had friends in the suite next to us, the one with the TV on the wall.  We never heard them and they never heard us. I only heard our neighbors when sitting on the sofa and it sounded like he was sitting on his sofa, presumably we were back to back with only about 6 inches and a wall separating us.  Then again.... I have hearing aids too....so who knows HOW loud anyone was. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/26/2024 at 10:33 AM, papaflamingo said:

We had friends in the suite next to us, the one with the TV on the wall.  We never heard them and they never heard us. I only heard our neighbors when sitting on the sofa and it sounded like he was sitting on his sofa, presumably we were back to back with only about 6 inches and a wall separating us.  Then again.... I have hearing aids too....so who knows HOW loud anyone was. 😜

Well, I would hope "your friends" wouldn't bother you ! 😉

On 5/23/2024 at 1:12 PM, GOARMY said:

Whistling balcony doors; slamming closet doors; reopened interior doors between common area and bedroom in PH Suites resulting in--more slamming nighttime noises.  

Yes to all three on Explorer back in 2017 when on a series of inaugural cruises.  Engineers were a common sight in hallways vising Suites and making quick fixes.  Ours included.  Whatever they did solved, more or less, the balcony door issue while allowing us to utilize that area.

When last on Explorer in late 2023--no issues with closet door.  That jam worked.  Silence at night as to sliding balcony door. Nary a whistle heard even in windy, rough weather. Granted, our PH was centered, and lower.

Reference 2Sailing nomads Post #5:  Still had to confront the interior door issue. "Solution" was keeping doors open at night and placing a heavy chair in the track.  Restricted further slamming.  

When at sea:  Ship happens.  

GOARMY!

Interesting solution but when my wife gets up 2 hours before I want to that just allows her to put light in the bedroom and more noise although she is "very quiet" according to her....🤣