Azamara. Dishonesty, incompetence and indifference.

DavyWavey70

6 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I’d be interested to hear if anyone else uses the Android Seaware app - it sound useful.

I’m wondering though if it’s fully set up to integrate with Azamara passengers side of things yet. Might explain why a free transfer booked on it turned out not to be free? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, uktog said:

I’m wondering though if it’s fully set up to integrate with Azamara passengers side of things yet. Might explain why a free transfer booked on it turned out not to be free? 

A few minutes ago I tried to find the app in Google's Play Store, but couldn't find it!

Maybe it has been withdrawn. 

In any case - although I have not done any comparison of the Web interface and the app - as far as I can tell the info available is identical.

Now, if the transfer was invoiced by Azamara at zero cost on three separate occasions, I doubt whether it was the interface at fault. I think the underlying data is far more likely to be the culprit. 

Posted (edited)

My guess is you were part of the interface that is actually B2B and not B2C - in other words you were in the business to business portal and at that end it will be possible due to negotiations between Azamara and travel agents for transfers to be added free of charge.  This probably happens when flights are also added in a bundle by the travel agent as part of a product package. 
Anyway, as you say you are going down another route, my guess is you were never supposed to pick up a free transfer because you were using a route into Azamara that wasn’t fully set up and  tested for customers, you were in the travel agent area. 
It would initially issue invoices and then during a routine exception report the issue would be identified and corrected 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, uktog said:

My guess is you were part of the interface that is actually B2B and not B2C - in other words you were in the business to business portal and at that end it will be possible due to negotiations between Azamara and travel agents for transfers to be added free of charge

Your guess may not be correct, but... 

I just logged-in via the Web interface and other than the process of getting to the booking from the initial splash screen, through 'Booked Guests' to 'Manage My Booking' the interface and behaviour presented via the Web and via the app are different identical. But, by that time, the Web interface is no longer entitled Azamara, it is showing as Seaware

One difference, however, is that via the app I can see all my bookings including all the cancelled ones! So, it may be that the app I am using is intended for Agents after all. 

As my screenshot (previous post) indicates, the app was downloaded from Google's Play Store. As to how I was able to get it remains a mystery. 

19 hours ago, blag said:

Thanks. I've been in touch with them.

Your review allays some of my concerns. The fact that they prefer a cash payment (or a PayPal +7% transaction) rather than payment by Credit Card is a worry. No comeback whatsoever if they fail to provide the service, but the consequences of a no-show would be much the same, irrespective of how payment is made. 

You don't pay until you get to the port though so if they don't show up then you don't pay.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 2:27 AM, DavyWavey70 said:

Thank you Host JB for your insight. Unfortunately for somebody that has one “vacation” a year that is planned out to the minute, this is unnerving me. My Autism doesn’t let me rest until things are settled and the stock response of “you can sort that out once onboard’” leaves me unable to sleep at night. I’ve invested hundreds of hours research into this trip. I’ve researched the best Safari lodges to visit before joining the tour, I’m ready to push the button on Emirates first class flights. My partner is set to fly out to meet me for a couple of nights at the Burj al Arab on my way home and the 3 furbaby sitters are ready to be confirmed. This isn’t just a holiday. One thing that I just can’t cope with is dishonesty. Incompetence is manageable but outright dishonesty rattles me to the end. 

I note from another board that your partner has his own Travel agency.  He wouldn’t happen to have another route into Azamara by any chance to help you?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, royallondon said:

I note from another board that your partner has his own Travel agency.  He wouldn’t happen to have another route into Azamara by any chance to help you?

Unfortunately not. Currently the TA is trying to sort it out but they seem to be banging their head against a very thick wall. 

On 5/25/2024 at 11:44 AM, DavyWavey70 said:
On 5/25/2024 at 7:48 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

Did you have an invoice setting out what you had paid for, or take a screen shot showing it as an add-on in your account?

Yes it’s all in the confirmation.

The Azamara UK & EMEA Ts&Cs are clear:

1.2 How will my holiday be confirmed?
Providing your chosen holiday is available and we have received all appropriate payments, we will email our Confirmation Invoice to you (if booking direct) or your Travel Agent. Please note it may not be possible to confirm your flight details at this point. If so, these will be confirmed to you later.
A binding contract between us only comes into existence when we send out our Confirmation Invoice. A contract will exist at this point, even if we are unable to confirm your flight details at that time. This invoice will show the balance due on your holiday that still has to be paid, and your flight details (where applicable and/or available).

This is the "acceptance" in the fundamental requirement of "offer and acceptance" needed to form a contract. 

A binding contract works both ways.  Most importantly, you can hold them to it, and any "we made an error" excuses are too late.

The full contract is a PDF file behind the "Booking Conditions" link here: https://www.azamara.com/gb/about-azamara/legal#link-ukemealegalpage

• Like 1