Excursion - Small Group - Exclusive Island of Capri

Can anyone give any input about this Celebrity excursion?  My wife and I signed up for it because we thought it would be the best way to see the island.  It seemed like it might be difficult to put everything together on our own.  We just wanted to hear some feedback from others who may have done this excursion.  Was the restaurant they chose good?  

We ( 2 couples) took the ferry over having booked an independent guide who had a boat and took us to the Blue Grotto and then lunch.  Then we hired a Capri taxi

who took us around the rest of the island.  Price was 1/2 the cost is the ship excursion.

We did a small group excursion recently in Thailand.  We were told it would be a group of 8.  It was a Chef’s market tour, lunch and then dinner that evening with the fresh items the Chef purchased.

We were a group of 8 and the Chef was with us in the van, all good until we got to the market and there were 4 vans of 8 so 32 people trying to navigate the market.  I was impossible to hear the Chef and if even 7-8 of us were standing within ear shot of the Chef we were blocking the aisles and vendors kept telling us to move.    Chef spent about 30 minutes at the market, didn’t buy much of anything that we saw and left to return to the ship.    Lunch was a group of 32 in a local restaurant.  Dinner was a group of 32 scattered around 5 tables in one of the MDRs. They charge dearly for the “small group” tours and led us to believe it was a small group.  I don’t define 32 as a small group but they do. 

Thanks for the tip.  I kind of thought it might be like that with the “small group.”  

Maybe the independent guide is the way to go.  Not sure if it lets you give names on this board, but if you remember the name of the guide would you mind sharing?  

2 minutes ago, Dr Jay 24 said:

Thanks for the tip.  I kind of thought it might be like that with the “small group.”  

Maybe the independent guide is the way to go.  Not sure if it lets you give names on this board, but if you remember the name of the guide would you mind sharing?  

I would be happy to but we did this just before the pandemic.  I have been unsuccessful in reaching him recently.  

10 minutes ago, Dr Jay 24 said:

we always book independent guides and lots of companies offer the service. We have used Toursbylocals in many countries and never had a bad guide. You deal direct with the guide all the money is handled via the Head Office in Canada, the guide only gets paid after the tour and you get a full refund if the ship doesn't dock. The best guides get booked up very quickly. We choose a guide with a vehicle that holds 6 passengers and share with one other couple from the Roll Call - we like the space.