Eagle Beach drop off

dna529

Where is the best place to be dropped off at Eagle Beach for a beach day? We need a bar, food, and restrooms. I have read others recommend Passions. This looks like a restaurant for dinner type of place?

I would also like to follow this thread.

I understand that this are up to the North has been having some issues, due to the nearby facilities.

I am also still confused about finding set-up rentals, restrooms, etc...  on Eagle Beach.

Right now we are leaning towards Coco Loco...  While I have heard of public restrooms, the only thing I have seen so far are some Porta-Potties at the park area, just to the left/South of Coco Loco.

5 hours ago, Theosprey247 said:

Amsterdam Manor Hotel is were we disembark the bus. Everything you need is there. 

Is the restaurant named Passions or does Amsterdam Manor has another. I’m assuming chairs and umbrellas are for rent. 

1 hour ago, MELSMOM47 said:

Is the restaurant named Passions or does Amsterdam Manor has another. I’m assuming chairs and umbrellas are for rent. 

Horizon and passions are two restaurants on the beach there. And yes you can rent chairs and umbrellas too. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

Horizon and passions are two restaurants on the beach there. And yes you can rent chairs and umbrellas too. 

Thank you 👍🏻

I checked the cruise schedule. There are four ships in port on our day and we are the last scheduled to dock. 😬 I’m thinking there won’t’ be chairs and umbrellas available by the time we get there. Am I right?

Ouch!!!!!    

Perhaps you can look into ways to pre-book, or find a day-pass????

With the current issues, that seem to be coming from the North Amsterdam Manor area...  I would be hoping to land somewhere on the South end of the beach.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Ouch!!!!!    

Perhaps you can look into ways to pre-book, or find a day-pass????

With the current issues, that seem to be coming from the North Amsterdam Manor area...  I would be hoping to land somewhere on the South end of the beach.

Yes. Ouch 😬 Last time we were there we did a day pass at the Barcelo. Could it really be $110 pp? In 2020 it was $30 Yikes

Edited by MELSMOM47
New information

Perhaps it is now more all-inclusive???

I hear that there is still no guarantee of loungers on the beach,  as resort guests will be there and will have priority.  So, could be pool and pool loungers, but take a towel down to the beach.

The itinerary we are looking at has only one ship at Aruba (as of now). We might be lucky!!!

We are hoping to go to the Renaissance Island, and then to see Eagle Beach.

I am thinking to get dropped off at the small park where Coco Loco is at.

I know of one couple who went there later in the day, at the end of a tour, and all loungers were sold out.

I hope to avoid the issues from the nearby facility...  and also I believe that is the more crowded end of the beach.

Only. problem is, we would not get to see and take photos of the infamous Fofoti Trees.

According to a well known locals beach-walk videos, it is almost 30 minutes between the two!

On 6/2/2024 at 4:58 PM, Wishing on a star said:

What are the "current issues"?  I've read through several threads and I'm not seeing any mention of issues other than prices for chairs going up.  We're heading to Aruba in July...just want to make sure I know what's going on.  We were planning to head to Passions based on advice here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2024 at 6:28 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Right now we are leaning towards Coco Loco...

we were not super impressed 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2857694-a-few-post-cruise-thoughts-about-may-2022-allure-southern-caribbean-sailing/page/2/#comment-63351761

so we went to Divi Phoenix hotel (across from the butterfly farm) and it was much better. We loved that place back in 2016, our first time in Aruba. Yes, it is a lot more crowded, because it has palapas and it's a beach right in front of the hotel. We still liked it better.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3002524-a-great-first-cruise-on-celebrity-reflection-review-dailies-menus-food-and-cabin-pics-march-2024/page/4/#comment-67251034

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Thank you so much Itchy and Scratchy!

On 6/9/2024 at 7:03 PM, Domergirl said:

What are the "current issues"?  I've read through several threads and I'm not seeing any mention of issues other than prices for chairs going up.  We're heading to Aruba in July...just want to make sure I know what's going on.  We were planning to head to Passions based on advice here.

Sorry for the delay!  I am just now seeing this.

Have you looked at the boards for these Islands on trip advisor?

They have had ongoing issues with smells from the water treatment plant,  just up from the hotel.

It is pretty widely known...  They are wording on solutions, updated facilities?  But, this will likely be months if not years.

I wonder if July might be less of an issue, as this is slow season on the Islands.

The demand might not overwhelm the facilities?