World Europa - Dining Reservations

Happychappie

Hi Folks,

As a seasoned RC cruiser we are booked on Europa for our first MSC sailing. We are travelling Oct half term for 7 days from Marseille. We have a 9 year old daughter so are fine with knowing it will be busy onboard!! We booked a Grand Terrace Suite as it was such great value compared to RC. With RC its kind of like putting on a comfy pair of slippers when booking as we understand the set-up. However with MSC we really are cruise virgins!!

Please could you tell me about dining and reservations. Are we able to book dining times before boarding or does it all get done once onboard? We will probably book the 4 night dining package so again are we able to choose days and times for each reservation ahead of time or is it all onboard? My final question relating to this is if you think its worth booking a dining plan for our 9 year old or is the kids menu pretty good in speciality dining? Can they order a kids version of the adult menu or is it all typical kids junk food ie chicken tenders, burgers, pizza etc? One think I dont like about the kids menu on RC is its literally junk food and whilst they will accommodate you with other options it really is poor to assume kids only eat pizza and burgers!.

Finally one question relating to Yacht Club. Our room isnt part of Yacht Club but is it worth an upgrade if it became available and if so how much more is it worth to pay as an upgrade? 

Many thanks for your thoughts and if you have any other top tips we would love to hear them as MSC is all new to us!!!

Since you are in Aurea, you will have open dining and do not need reservations.  I have not sailed MSC in Europe so don’t know how the kids menus are there.  The version we get sailing from US is not all junk food.  But your daughter can mix and match adult and kids menus.  I don’t believe you can schedule specialty dining before boarding.  I have never done specialty, even though I get a free meal every cruise as Diamond.  Others here can tell you more about the dining packages.

As to Yacht Club, only you can decide if it is worth it.  I have never sailed in YC, and when evaluating the benefits, conclude that the restaurant is the only one I would enjoy, as I don’t use the pools, or lay out in the sun.  There is a whole big beautiful ship to be explored and I want to see it all.  EM

Posted (edited)

Here are the kids menus offered in the US as of December 2023:

00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8v

Edited by Essiesmom

We were on Europa last June with our family, including a six year old and two 12 year olds.  In the MDR, the kids usually ordered off the regular menu but had the kids menu (similar to those posted by Essiesmom) to fall back on if there wasn't anything they liked.  While the adults went to Butchers Cut, the kids did not so I don't know what is available in that specialty restaurant for kids.  We all went to Hola! and Kaito Teppanyaki & Sushi Bar and all three loved those two restaurants.

Enjoy your trip! It really is a beautiful ship!

2 hours ago, Mutzi S. said:

We were on Europa last June with our family, including a six year old and two 12 year olds.  In the MDR, the kids usually ordered off the regular menu but had the kids menu (similar to those posted by Essiesmom) to fall back on if there wasn't anything they liked.  While the adults went to Butchers Cut, the kids did not so I don't know what is available in that specialty restaurant for kids.  We all went to Hola! and Kaito Teppanyaki & Sushi Bar and all three loved those two restaurants.

Enjoy your trip! It really is a beautiful ship!

Hi, thanks for the reply. Do you choose a date and dining time when booking and paying for the package online or do you make all speciality reservations once onboard?

We made the reservations once we were on board.  We also embarked in Marseille and had no trouble making the reservations for the days/times we wanted.