Questions to help with planning and booking a cruise

I want to book a cruise for the Colombia and Snake Rivers in Sept 2025.  I do not see a lot of info on this forum so I have some questions to ask.  We are very experienced Ocean cruisers with one European River Cruise.

I saw on cabin reviews that each cabin has a refrigerator stocked with water and beverage of your choice - does that include beer?

Is there a laundry on board or laundry service?

Does anyone have pictures and sq footage descriptions of the various cabins?

Does anyone have examples of dinner menus?

What did you like the most about the cruise and what did you like the least?

Is there room service?

If starting in Clarkson, any recommendations for hotel and additional things to do?

Are descriptions of excursion detailed enough to determine how active the excursion is?

Is there anything onboard that is not included?

Thank you ahead of time for your information

1 hour ago, mj_holiday said:

I want to book a cruise for the Colombia and Snake Rivers in Sept 2025.  I do not see a lot of info on this forum so I have some questions to ask.  We are very experienced Ocean cruisers with one European River Cruise.

I saw on cabin reviews that each cabin has a refrigerator stocked with water and beverage of your choice - does that include beer? I don't believe there are refrigerators in every room though there may be some. I have read that while they don't have an open bar during the day, if you ask you can get beer.

Is there a laundry on board or laundry service? There are free self service washers and dryers. Soap and dryer sheets provided. 

Does anyone have pictures and sq footage descriptions of the various cabins? Google is your friend. 

Does anyone have examples of dinner menus? I have seen pictures of food served at dinner.

What did you like the most about the cruise and what did you like the least?

Is there room service?

If starting in Clarkson, any recommendations for hotel and additional things to do?

Are descriptions of excursion detailed enough to determine how active the excursion is?

Is there anything onboard that is not included?

Thank you ahead of time for your information

My cruise is booked for May 2025. I read this board daily to get useful information.

Reading past posts may supply some of what you are looking for.

We have done lots of ocean cruises and tried ACL when the pandemic crippled the big ships. One on the lower Mississippi and one on the snake river in Tennessee. I'll add to the answers already provided.

What we liked was the relaxed atmosphere and no crowds. They often dock at public parks and again no crowds. 

I don't think they have room service but there is a lounge nearby with breakfast, lunch, and snacks. And beer all afternoon for the asking.

The rooms are generous and much more comfortable than the standard balcony on a big ship.

I have some lunch/dinner menus that I will find send in another post.

Attached is the front page of daily handouts. 

Daily Ship To Shore docs.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, georgiacat said:

Thank you for posting the daily handouts.  We are thinking of a lower Mississippi cruise for 2025.  I am looking for any information I can find.

We took that cruise in April.

Excellent, informative excursions.

Beautiful, comfortable ship, good food, low key entertainment (perhaps too low key).