Name of hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Does anyone recall the name of the hotel that is practically across the street from the Port in Ft lauderdalw? I think that might be 15th or 17th street? I think it used to be a Marriott or Sheraton some time ago. The hotel was right next to the causeway that took you over to the beach hotels and Las Olas. Right next to the hotel was a landing to take the ferry to Las Olas Blvd. It sat on the harbor and if you booked the right room you could watch the cruise ships come back in the port in the morning. Beautiful pool, pool bar, and restaurant. I’ve stayed there several times, but not in the last 5-7 yrs. I believe there was an Embassy Suites and Publix plaza up the street within walking distance after the port entrance. If anyone knows the current name of this hotel, it would be greatly appreciated. It is driving me crazy. 
nancy

The Renaissance Marina is pretty much immediately across the street from the Eisenhower entrance to the port. The Hilton Marina is pretty much next door to the east, on the Intracoastal Waterway.

Posted (edited)

Technically, the closest hotel to the port entrance on Eisenhower is the Renaissance, at the corner of 17th and Eisenhower. It's definitely closer than the Hilton.  The big new Omni will take the prize as the closest hotel when it opens up next year, as it's in the Convention Center.

image.thumb.png.adb4dd49fdc4b599cdd2ca2b86caafcf.png

Edited by lx200gps