Upgrade to Premium drink package onboard--everyone in room now?

KKB

I have alway upgraded to Premium just for myself when I boarded, mostly for better wine selection.

Not worth it for DH who drinks beer & frozen drinks.

Is it true that even onboard both passengers must now upgrade?

If so, probably not worth it for me...

Posted (edited)

I think that has been the rule for some time, but some ships maybe more sticklers for the rule and others may be more willing to make an exception.  All you can do is ask nicely and if the answer is no, maybe try asking someone else and when you are tired of asking, give up and do without or buy two upgrades.

Edited by FeliciaB

On 5/31/2024 at 12:26 PM, Purplsmurf said:

Yes. It has been like that for quite some time now 

On 5/31/2024 at 12:32 PM, FeliciaB said:

I think that has been the rule for some time, but some ships maybe more sticklers for the rule and others may be more willing to make an exception.  All you can do is ask nicely and if the answer is no, maybe try asking someone else and when you are tired of asking, give up and do without or buy two upgrades.

In December I was able to upgrade just me on the Beyond.

Oh, well, worth an ask. 

I can certainly pay the upcharge on each drink that has one...will certainly be cheaper than both of us upgrading.

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, KKB said:

In December I was able to upgrade just me on the Beyond.

Oh, well, worth an ask. 

I can certainly pay the upcharge on each drink that has one...will certainly be cheaper than both of us upgrading.

Thanks!

Keep your eye out for a flash sale.  Some recent flash sales have had the upgrade at $6.99 ($8.39 w/ gratuity).

The upcharge for a martini at the Martini bar is $7 ($8.40 w/gratuity)  1 martini and 2  bottles of Evian 4 ($8.80)  or 2glasses of wine with a $3.60 upcharge and that pretty much pays for upgrading 2 people.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Keep your eye out for a flash sale.  Some recent flash sales have had the upgrade at $6.99 ($8.39 w/ gratuity).

The upcharge for a martini at the Martini bar is $7 ($8.40 w/gratuity)  1 martini and 2  bottles of Evian 4 ($8.80)  or 2glasses of wine with a $3.60 upcharge and that pretty much pays for upgrading 2 people.

Actually, now that you mention it, I think that is how I got it for our Beyond cruise. 

Less than I paid for 1 person upgrade onboard.

We are fine with tap or regular bottled water (no need for Evian for us).

DH ONLY drinks beer & frozen drinks--there is NO value in the upgrade for him.

But I hate the wine choices under $10 & I do enjoy trying interesting cocktails.

(and they will make nearly any martini in a small glass under the regular package)

No way I'm upcharging $30/day. Honestly I've wondered if I even upcharge $15...

Edited by KKB