After our 1st TA I'm hooked!

We just did 28 days aboard the Regal Princess--16 days TA plus 12 days UK.

LOVED it! 

Now I'm trying to convince DH we should do the TP (RT) 54 day cruise in spring of 2026.

It's funny he balked at the 15 hour flight to SYD to see AUST & NZ...but now he's balking over 54 days.

Not me...I'm in!

16 hours ago, KKB said:

We just did 28 days aboard the Regal Princess--16 days TA plus 12 days UK.

LOVED it! 

Now I'm trying to convince DH we should do the TP (RT) 54 day cruise in spring of 2026.

It's funny he balked at the 15 hour flight to SYD to see AUST & NZ...but now he's balking over 54 days.

Not me...I'm in!

Need more details!  Why exactly are you hooked?

16 days seems extreme to me for a start on a TA.

We are doing our first which is 6 days TA in October.

We are doing this on Viking and although I am not worried as to what I will fill my time with, we do not play cards or board games, we are not interested in trivia, so what to fill our time.

I will imagine that Viking will have lots of lectures on those days and we will likely attend all of those.

Why are you hooked?  More details please.

4 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Need more details!  Why exactly are you hooked?

16 days seems extreme to me for a start on a TA.

We are doing our first which is 6 days TA in October.

We are doing this on Viking and although I am not worried as to what I will fill my time with, we do not play cards or board games, we are not interested in trivia, so what to fill our time.

I will imagine that Viking will have lots of lectures on those days and we will likely attend all of those.

Why are you hooked?  More details please.

We a fans of sea days, so looked forward to 7 sea days in a row (then we stopped at Azores, Lisbon, Bilbao & Cherbourg).

We do love trivia & playing card games, so enjoyed those. Traveled with friends so had many more card game choices than when it is just DH & I.

We walked daily.

There were many activity offerings each day, but if we weren't playing cards, I tucked myself in a corner & read. I do this A LOT when I am cruising solo. But I must not have nearly as much as I only finished 2 or 3 books. I also download a number of movies & shows to my iPad prior to sailing to watch if the mood strikes.

Days a much like at home for us--some physical activity, reading or TV, maybe a load of laundry, lol. The card games are more just for cruising, so a nice addition.

Evenings there is so much to do; luckily we prefer dinner early so we can catch shows, trivias, gameshows, musicians. 

If you prefer a port-intensive cruise, you might not care much for a transatlantic.

19 hours ago, KKB said:

We a fans of sea days, so looked forward to 7 sea days in a row (then we stopped at Azores, Lisbon, Bilbao & Cherbourg).

We do love trivia & playing card games, so enjoyed those. Traveled with friends so had many more card game choices than when it is just DH & I.

We walked daily.

There were many activity offerings each day, but if we weren't playing cards, I tucked myself in a corner & read. I do this A LOT when I am cruising solo. But I must not have nearly as much as I only finished 2 or 3 books. I also download a number of movies & shows to my iPad prior to sailing to watch if the mood strikes.

Days a much like at home for us--some physical activity, reading or TV, maybe a load of laundry, lol. The card games are more just for cruising, so a nice addition.

Evenings there is so much to do; luckily we prefer dinner early so we can catch shows, trivias, gameshows, musicians. 

If you prefer a port-intensive cruise, you might not care much for a transatlantic.

Thanks... We are quite looking forward to this TA cruise as it will be our first.  I have long been fascinated by the concept of a 6+ day crossing.

I am certain that we will fill our days and because I am up early even on vacation - 5am - I will do my walking early as I am sure that the walking decks will be crowded during the day.

I will have audio books downloaded and movies shows so I can sit in a corner somewhere or on the open deck if warm enough.

Hopefully there will be interesting lectures during the crossing.

4 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Thanks... We are quite looking forward to this TA cruise as it will be our first.  I have long been fascinated by the concept of a 6+ day crossing.

I am certain that we will fill our days and because I am up early even on vacation - 5am - I will do my walking early as I am sure that the walking decks will be crowded during the day.

I will have audio books downloaded and movies shows so I can sit in a corner somewhere or on the open deck if warm enough.

Hopefully there will be interesting lectures during the crossing.

I think you will be fine--you already have some activities planned!

I understand a Viking voyage is more relaxed than mainstream lines.

But that can depend on what one wants to do, to be sure. 

We sailed in early April & was amazed how lovely it was outside--I think it was 60s every day (well, across & whilst at 2 Portugal ports), so you could be outside unless it was windy. Hopefully you will see nice weather as well--but plan for ANY weather!

• Like 1

We have been “hooked on TAs and transpacifics for decades.  To us, even 16 days is much to short (we prefer at least a month).  But we have grown to realize that long cruises (especially with many sea days) is not for everyone.  A different strikes kind of thing.

Hank