Taxi cost Southhampton

Less than £10 to Solent Sky or to any cruise terminal.

For the return to the Ibis, there's a taxi rank at Town Quay, a ten-minute walk. Or there may be one closer. Or phone for one when you're ready to leave - staff at Solent Sky are volunteers and very obliging.  Or walk back (about 30 minutes)  taking in the waterfront, Tudor Merchant's House, Town Walls & the large West Quay shopping mall - perhaps stopping en-route for a pint at the Dancing Man (was medieval stone wool store) opposite the car ferries, or just around the corner from there the Duke Of Wellington (dates from about 1300 AD)

JB 🙂

4 hours ago, John Bull said:

Less than £10 to Solent Sky or to any cruise terminal.

For the return to the Ibis, there's a taxi rank at Town Quay, a ten-minute walk. Or there may be one closer. Or phone for one when you're ready to leave - staff at Solent Sky are volunteers and very obliging.  Or walk back (about 30 minutes)  taking in the waterfront, Tudor Merchant's House, Town Walls & the large West Quay shopping mall - perhaps stopping en-route for a pint at the Dancing Man (was medieval stone wool store) opposite the car ferries, or just around the corner from there the Duke Of Wellington (dates from about 1300 AD)

JB 🙂

Thanks, just trying to budget how much cash I need. In the past I would have walked but can't go to far any more. Might be able coming back if I take it slow. FYI in the past I have stayed at the Novetel and the Ibis. This time I'm in the budget Ibis. Is that a mistake? 

45 minutes ago, DougH said:

Thanks, just trying to budget how much cash I need. In the past I would have walked but can't go to far any more. Might be able coming back if I take it slow. FYI in the past I have stayed at the Novotel and the Ibis. This time I'm in the budget Ibis. Is that a mistake? 

You'll know that Ibis Budget is next-door to Ibis.

Haven't stayed at this one, did in Edinburgh & the layout will be the same. Rooms are a bit snug but perfectly adequate for a night or two, and modern & apparently well up-together.

Limited facilities, but you'll know there's a MaccyD and a TGIFriday right by and a wide range of restaurants a ten minute walk.

JB 🙂

We have plans to arrive at the Southampton Bus Terminal around 12:30pm.  In your experience, are there Taxis standing by or will we have to try and call one?

Thank you!

18 hours ago, pstone1 said:

We have plans to arrive at the Southampton Bus Terminal around 12:30pm.  In your experience, are there Taxis standing by or will we have to try and call one?

Thank you!

At the coach station (= bus terminal) it's a small rank, often no cabs there but they  do swing by.

If there's more than a short line for a cab it might be worth phoning for one.

JB 🙂

2 hours ago, John Bull said:

At the coach station (= bus terminal) it's a small rank, often no cabs there but they  do swing by.

If there's more than a short line for a cab it might be worth phoning for one.

JB 🙂

Thank you!  😃

22 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Thank you!

I have been very successful using the Radio Taxis app on my several visits to Southampton.

image.thumb.png.2b608d6b794962ffcef4570e65b16cf7.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

I have been very successful using the Radio Taxis app on my several visits to Southampton.

image.thumb.png.2b608d6b794962ffcef4570e65b16cf7.png

Wow!  Thank you!  I will definitely add this App!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JHCruiser123 said:

Is Uber an option in Southampton or is taxi the way to get around?  

Yes, as well as regular taxis, Uber is in Southampton.

I don't have an Uber account, but many friends do - that makes life very economical 😄

Great for local evenings out etc, but they don't rely on Uber for longer distances like to Heathrow airport or London - they prefer to pre-book a private transfer, saying that Uber's fluid pricing and short-notice availability might catch them out big-time.

JB 🙂