Debarking in Buenos Aires

Kryssa

Hi All,

We arrive in Buenos Aires the day before we debark, so I am not very worried about delays coming into port. 

How long does it take to get from the ship to the airport? 

What is the easiest way to make the trip? Taxi? Uber? Book a transfer? 

What time did you fly out of Buenos Aires and did you feel the timing was tight to make your flight? 

Thanks! 

A lot depends on which airport you are flying from (there are two in Buenos Aires). If you are flying back to the US then you're probably flying from EZE which is the international airport. It'd take 60-90 minutes from the cruise terminal depending on traffic, time of day etc.

If you're flying elsewhere in Argentina you'll probably be flying from AEP which is only about 30 mins away - sometimes less.

I'm risk averse so I tend to book a private transfer (not through AZ) for the time I want to leave rather than relying on Uber or a taxi, I like to know I have something prebooked, especially if I'm flying that day.

7 hours ago, Kryssa said:

Hi All,

We arrive in Buenos Aires the day before we debark, so I am not very worried about delays coming into port. 

How long does it take to get from the ship to the airport? 

What is the easiest way to make the trip? Taxi? Uber? Book a transfer? 

What time did you fly out of Buenos Aires and did you feel the timing was tight to make your flight? 

Thanks! 

Taxis are quite easy to get at the cruise port in Buenos Aires. But you will have to ask the taxi driver to give you a fixed price in US$ to EZE or AEP. There are also desks in the cruise terminal that can help you with a taxi service or shuttle service. We always took a flight out of Buenos Aires after 2 PM.

• Like 1

We disembarked an Oceania cruise at Buenos Aires Feb 23. The terminal was busy when we got to the gate. A woman was organising the taxis and we were directed to a driver almost immediately. Another chap helped with the baggage (thus tip required). We had a taxi into the city which was pretty cheap.

We had an Uber to the international airport. I would like to say from our hotel but we had to walk about a mile to source one as our hotel was near the Presidential Palace (think Evita) which was cordoned off due to the security issues. The taxi was about 40 minutes and ARS 6,304 (which is irrelelevant with the current inflation rates).

Be warned if you have much luggage that the vehicles they use are small. We had three cases and one sat on the front seat and I had the carry-ons on my lap.

Lucky you. We would have loved to add that to the end of the cruise. However time and money ran out. Will have to return - a good excuse. Hope you get to BA though as an interesting city to visit. DW still recovering from the cycle tour we did😗. The Tango is fabulous too.