LIVE B2B CARNIVAL JUBILEE JUNE 8-JUNE 22 2024

I think the first 75% of my cruises i didnt do specialty dining or the drink package. Then, i decided even if I didnt drink enough to justify the package but was close- was nice to not be mentally adding every drink and stressing about the bill at the end. Currently Im doing a cash account, it is a pain in the arse but at this point my balance is low. Cant have misc charges because the charge can only be what my cash on file is. I have to go almost daily to guest services and add money but i prefer this.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Prometheus1 said:

Carol, i promise to get prices for Emeril's. I have just run out of steam for tonight. Heading to bed to read for a bit.

Don't worry,,,,I was just wondering if you had to pay extra.  I started cruising back in the 1990s when all the food was free, and t was marvelous.   Now it seems that if you want to have really good dining you have to constantly pay.   Will you eat at all in the main dining room to check out the food there?  Or could you take a picture of the menus they post outside the dining room....if they still do that? 

• Like 2

I have never done a cash account, though it sounds like a lot of extra effort. Since I am usually happy with just a few alcoholic beverages per cruise, and plan to carry aboard a bottle of good wine, and will most likely pre-pay gratuities, my bill probably won’t amount to much. We’ve already booked and paid the cruise line shore excursions. But, as I said previously, I’m not much of a drinker. My bridge winnings should cover it. And, if not, I’m worth it. 😂 

(I have both a brother and in-law who have drinking issues, so try to never drink in front of them.) But they won’t be cruising with me. 😱

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CAC104 said:

Don't worry,,,,I was just wondering if you had to pay extra.  I started cruising back in the 1990s when all the food was free, and t was marvelous.   Now it seems that if you want to have really good dining you have to constantly pay.   Will you eat at all in the main dining room to check out the food there?  Or could you take a picture of the menus they post outside the dining room....if they still do that? 

Yes, i can take pics of the menu in the MDR. Not sure if i will eat there. There is also an Italian restaurant- Cucina del Capitano (free) and Chibang (half the menu is Mexican and half Chinese) also free. I had Cucina on the Celebration and it was really good! I had pizza last night for a snack attack and it is decent pizza (free)

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Now the fun stuff- the art....i had a chuckle - the glass candle holders- i use to make similar ones a dozen at a time when i had my studio. Love the wall hangings (im guessing the mounting hardware cost more than the glass pieces) I really have enjoyed the sculptures and the art. Even the older Carnival ships have some amazing glass work!

20240611_172119.jpg

20240611_172911.jpg

20240611_172917.jpg

20240611_172920.jpg

20240611_180814.jpg

Edited by Prometheus1
Add
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)

So, I promise to get pics of Costa Maya next week- Im still tired from the heat yesterday and I have an excursion tomorrow in Cozumel so I dont want to be draggin tomorrow.

Rumor has it someone passed out from the heat yesterday and I dont doubt it- my only surprise is that it was only 1 person and not more. Hope they are ok.

The water is so pretty here! The close up was to get a pic of a fish swimming on the surface, didnt turn out very well- most likely a cuda (just had that barracuda look to it)

20240612_104403.jpg

20240612_104430.jpg

Edited by Prometheus1
Add
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Prometheus1 said:

Here is one of the stairways between 7 and 8. Hard to capture how pretty it is

20240612_102714.jpg

20240612_102727.jpg

I’m looking for the one swimming the other direction. Oh! Wait!  That’s NCL. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, julie3fan said:

I absolutely love this!  Do you think they all come out like this, or are you getting special treatment? 😉

No, no special treatment:)

The faces are just one of the things they do there.

One of the reasons I dont show my face is so that I can give a review just like an average joe. Plus, i just dont photograph well!

• Like 5

I ate at the steakhouse again. Amuse bouche was cheese in filo with mustard and raspberry sauce,

Had the beef carpaccio, young lettuce salad (i forgot to take a pic), lamb chops and some amazing raspberry sorbet

20240612_172005.jpg

20240612_172830.jpg

20240612_180020.jpg

20240612_182328.jpg

• Like 6

How is the temperature on the ship?  We were on the sailing before you and we found it to be pretty warm in most public places.  We weren't sure if it was an A/C issue or because of so many access points to go outside that the hot air just kept being pumped in.  At one point, they had multiple floor fans blowing air on deck 8 near the pizza place.

Posted (edited)

Carnival Dream parked beside us today in Cozumel. Havent checked the other side yet.

For what its worth- I really like the new paint jobs on the Carnival ships! Looks much better than the plain white.

Forced myself to eat some eggs and ham, i did not finish it. (I dont want to go to the Mexology class on an empty stomach)

I thought about grabbing some potatoes but i dont want to offend anyone on the bus to the excursion! Yeah, too much info🤪

20240613_094909.jpg

Edited by Prometheus1
Add
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black Magic said:

How is the temperature on the ship?  We were on the sailing before you and we found it to be pretty warm in most public places.  We weren't sure if it was an A/C issue or because of so many access points to go outside that the hot air just kept being pumped in.  At one point, they had multiple floor fans blowing air on deck 8 near the pizza place.

The temp in my room is perfect but depending on where you are it is warm near the exit doors, the pizza place is definetly warm in that area , Im guessing because of the ovens and always lots of peple in that area.

The restaurants have been comfy but the elevators all feel like saunas.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Prometheus1 said:

For what its worth- I really like the new paint jobs on the Carnival ships! Looks much better than the plain white.

Totally agree!