Transferring deposit to another cruise.

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I had a NZ cruise booked with Celebrity for February 2025 and I paid a non-refundable deposit. I've since found it the cruise date clashes with some other important events, so I rang Celebrity to try and change my booking to later in 2025. The lady I spoke to on the phone was nice but I had a lot of trouble hearing what she said (I'm in Australia and by her accent she sounded like she was in the USA). My question is - I have been sent an invoice asking me for a second deposit ($1560) due in one week's time (I hadn't heard this bit on the phone. But when I look at the invoice they've sent me it says the amount paid already is $1837, which was close to the amount of my initial deposit. Then further down in the invoice is a change fee of $100 mentioned, but this isn't in the cruise fare totals. I am quite confused, and I suppose I should ring Celebrity back but I always have trouble with the quality of their phone lines when I ring from Australia. Has anybody else had a similar experience changing cruises using the same deposit? Thanks.

Without further details it is difficult to understand.  Would call back in for classification.

While I could be 100% wrong.   Is the booking for a Suite.    If so the deposit amount has changed and is now 10% of the Fare.   You may have booked prior to this change being implemented.    Also gratuities for suites was eliminated and as I understand in Australia they include gratuities in the base fare.

Just a couple thoughts

• Thanks 1

Hi Missusdubbya and Jim_Iain. Thank-you for your replies and advice - I had a look at the payment summary in my online cruise account and there is no mention of a second deposit. Not sure why they sent me an invoice to that effect but maybe it's some kind of auto thing. 

It looks like now my original deposit has been transferred as the deposit for the second cruise, which was what I was hoping would happen. The booking is for a suite (my first time) - that is good to know that gratuities were eliminated, though having said that I always give my room steward and waiters cash tips.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it :)

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Venezia9 said:

gratuities were eliminated

No probs, if you booked via the Australian website/call centre gratuities are included in your base fare (as mentioned by Jim_Iain)

Edited by Missusdubbya