10% Discount for Pre-booking Shore Experiences

bluemarble

I hadn't noticed this until a couple days ago. The US version of My Cunard has been listing both the prices to pre-book shore experiences via My Cunard and the prices to book them on board. It appears Cunard have started to offer a standard 10% discount to pre-book shore experiences. That's the same discount they offer to pre-book drinks packages and alternative dining. Here are examples of what I'm seeing offered for the prices of shore experiences on our upcoming crossings on QM2.

New York Highlights: From $79.20; On board price from $88

New York Insight & Top Of Rockefeller: From $137.70; On board price from $153

Statue Of Liberty & Ellis Island: From $118.80; On board price from $132

Transfer To Macy's: From $58.50; On board price from $65

Prehistoric Stonehenge: From $133.20; On board price from $148

• Like 1

Thanks @bluemarble - My Cunard UK hasn’t caught up yet - but that seems like a good idea if you work in Cunard’s marketing department. I booked the Loen skylift excursion for my fjords cruise (embarking later today 😄) knowing it was probably going to be a bit cheaper but obviously I would need to pre-pay rather than use OBC. The main reason for this was because I thought the excursion would sell out - which it has now done. I do have my eye on an excursion in one of the other ports which still has availability, so hoping to book that later today using the OBC. 

My Cunard UK is showing 10% discount and has been for at least a week - this is for a cruise on QV in September 2024.

It may be that it is being phased in by ship and/or sailing date

• Like 1

Or is it  a clever piece of marketing? The Geiranger tour from olden  june 27th

was originally $138, now $136.80 witn onboard price from $152. Onboard prices have usually been  slightly dearer by 2 or so $ but never in my memory 10% dearer

35 minutes ago, sogne said:

Or is it  a clever piece of marketing? The Geiranger tour from olden  june 27th

was originally $138, now $136.80 witn onboard price from $152. Onboard prices have usually been  slightly dearer by 2 or so $ but never in my memory 10% dearer

P&O have been doing this for at least 10 years - it may be a "back door" way of raising prices