Golf Cart Rental

30 minutes ago, Sarcastic Mama said:

Has anyone ever rented a golf cart and from what company?  Thinking about doing this but not sure who to use. Thanks 🙂 

I think there are a couple of companies and several reviews if you use the search engine for this forum and it has become quite popular.

I have never understood the fascination personally since there is no where to actually “see” at Costa Maya unless you just want the experience of riding to the beach in a golf cart instead of a taxi.

The malecon is pedestrian only although some have reported riding golf carts but generally you should drive one road inland and have to keep stopping and parking at the different beach clubs. I would prefer to just walk from one club to another. I don’t like the liability of parking and tipping someone to “take care” of my cart each time! 

You can go a very short distance on the upaved road out of town before the golf cart insurance isn’t valid which is strange because years back people used to rent them to go to some of the beach clubs much further away. 

If you choose to rent a golf cart, inquire with the companies sooner rather than later. We talked with the folks at Red Shirts Golf Carts shortly after we booked our March 2024 cruise and they were sold out. We ended up deciding just to taxi to a beach club.

2 minutes ago, TheMillenniumRider said:

I reached out to red shirt golf carts, I have not heard back in about a week, I emailed as well as filled out the contact form on the website. Do they typically have a long delay in responding?

I haven’t communicated with that particular company but are you using Gmail and have you checked your spam folder?

Yeah, sadly no response anywhere. I suppose they are either booked solid, or they are on holiday or something at the moment. If they don't respond I'll just cab it to the beach and wander. I didn't really need the golf cart, the little one would have enjoyed it was all.