Reykjavík Driver

Hi! 

Looking for recommendations for a driver for a day in Rejkjavik. We do not want to rent a car.

Wanting a hotel pickup, a few hours seeing the city sites and a bit of shopping, then drop off at airport hotel. Hoping others have done the same and had good experiences. Thanks for any suggestions and recommendations. 

12 minutes ago, okiedrifters said:

Hi! 

Looking for recommendations for a driver for a day in Rejkjavik. We do not want to rent a car.

Wanting a hotel pickup, a few hours seeing the city sites and a bit of shopping, then drop off at airport hotel. Hoping others have done the same and had good experiences. Thanks for any suggestions and recommendations. 

Expect a driver for a day in Iceland to run around $1000+   You can find a good option by contacting any of the major tour companies like Troll and Arctic Adventures and asking about a private tour.

42 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

Expect a driver for a day in Iceland to run around $1000+   You can find a good option by contacting any of the major tour companies like Troll and Arctic Adventures and asking about a private tour.

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, okiedrifters said:

Wanting a hotel pickup, a few hours seeing the city sites and a bit of shopping, then drop off at airport hotel.Hoping others have done the same and had good experiences.

You may not get many recommendations as few would be happy to spend that amount on a city tour , some shopping and a transfer. Reykjavik itself is compact therefore quite easy to explore independently for minimal cost and with a little pre-trip homework. There is also a HOHO but do read revews before deciding as reviews are mixed to say the least.. And if this will be your first visit to Iceland, shopping in Iceland will be  quite the shock for you given the cost of everything there, as Iceland is regularly in the top three most expensive countries in Europe, the others being Switzerland and Norway. and if ordering any alcohol, check the cost first as Iceland has very high prices for any alcoholic drinks.  Take your duty free bottles with you.😀

8 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

You may not get many recommendations as few would be happy to spend that amount on a city tour , some shopping and a transfer. Reykjavik itself is compact therefore quite easy to explore independently for minimal cost and with a little pre-trip homework. There is also a HOHO but do read revews before deciding as reviews are mixed to say the least.. And if this will be your first visit to Iceland, shopping in Iceland will be  quite the shock for you given the cost of everything there, as Iceland is regularly in the top three most expensive countries in Europe, the others being Switzerland and Norway. and if ordering any alcohol, check the cost first as Iceland has very high prices for any alcoholic drinks.  Take your duty free bottles with you.😀

Thanks! And having been to Switzerland, I totally agree!! 

15 hours ago, okiedrifters said:

Thanks! And having been to Switzerland, I totally agree!!

if you were quite comfortable with the costs in Switzerland, you will be in Iceland too.

if not, and this will be your first visit, at least you are forewarned.😀

39 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

if you were quite comfortable with the costs in Switzerland, you will be in Iceland too.

if not, and this will be your first visit, at least you are forewarned.😀

Having a retired commercial pilot for a hubby, we are aware of expenses in other countries. We feel blessed to travel as we do, and accept the expenses as they are in each country, although some countries as you mentioned are much more expensive than others, and although “not comfortable” 😅 they are what they are. If I find too expensive for my budget (which I set in expectation of the country) I always have a plan B. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!