Grand Princess Delayed Departure

blyle

I looked at the bridge cam.  Still alongside in Vancouver.  You can see a tug boat in the photo.  That doesn't clarify anything, but sure seems like she is there much later than she should be.

I didn't want to start a new thread but we're on the Sapphire and we were 3 hours late leaving Juneau today due to 2 medical emergencies. We were supposed to leave at 4 and around 3:45 the captain said we were waiting on an ambulance to transport a passenger having a medical emergency. He said we would be around 30 minutes late. Then over an hour later there was an emergency call over the loud speaker and there was a second medical emergency. So now we are about 3 hours behind schedule. The main thing is the passengers were taken off safely. Tonight was the 2nd captain's party and he didn't attend due to the late departure.

• Thanks 1

Is it my imagination or does it seem as though the past couple of months have seen an uptick in medical emergencies, more than the norm?  I am taking into consideration that maybe there is just better/more reporting.  Alaska generally attracts a younger crowd.

Glad to not have a repeat of last year’s Grand very long delay.  This may not be due to a medical emergency… thanks @Paula_MacFan for chiming in.

i also feel that passengers are just sensitive to the problems Princess has had recently. 

• Like 1