P&O Arvia taking wine on board in case

As anyone recently been on the Arvia, i am curious how many bottles of red i can take in my case & also when at a port are you allowed to bring some red wine back on board 

The current rules are that each passenger can take one bottle of wine onboard at embarkation only - no spirits allowed.

How rigorously these rules are enforced is another matter.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, david63 said:

How rigorously these rules are enforced is another matter.

Having just got back on Arvia ten minutes ago at Cadiz then you would have actively had to seek someone out if you wanted to hand over any alcohol bought onshore, and the same was true of all the other ports that had shoreside scanning, as they seem to have given up with the (bored) staff sitting at an ‘honesty’ table at security. 

Edited by 9265359
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you would have no difficulty carrying any confiscated port-purchased wine home at the end of your cruise, you could just take the view that you would be prepared to hand in that wine, if the cruise line were sufficiently organised and motivated to collect it on that day.

2 hours ago, alallallan said:

As anyone recently been on the Arvia, i am curious how many bottles of red i can take in my case & also when at a port are you allowed to bring some red wine back on board 

You will also need to be careful that if you are planning taking your one allowed bottle of wine in your case, that the case may end up at the bottom of a cage with dozens of others on top of it sitting to be loaded on to the ship.   If you wish to chance your entire case being covered in an accidentally broken bottle.

4 hours ago, alallallan said:

2 and no.