Riviera Concierge Cabin Tub shower vs Single Walk-in

Hi all!  Oceania newbie here!

I just put down a deposit for an Alaska 9-day aboard Riviera, and I am trying to find out how to identify which Concierge Veranda Cabins have a single large walk-in shower versus the ones that still have a shower/tub and a small shower in the corner. Do you have any ideas?  I watched several YouTube videos after the 2022 refurbishment, and I saw both. I thought they all had the large walk-in shower.

We are currently booked in #9007, an A4 category identified on the cruisedeckplans site as having a single sofa bed.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Hi all!  Oceania newbie here!

I just put down a deposit for an Alaska 9-day aboard Riviera, and I am trying to find out how to identify which Concierge Veranda Cabins have a single large walk-in shower versus the ones that still have a shower/tub and a small shower in the corner. Do you have any ideas?  I watched several YouTube videos after the 2022 refurbishment, and I saw both. I thought they all had the large walk-in shower.

We are currently booked in #9007, an A4 category identified on the cruisedeckplans site as having a single sofa bed.

Per my understanding and something posted before on another thread, all of the B4 and A4 staterooms kept the separate shower and tub. Again, this as I recall. Someone had posted a pic of a letter they had received. Just found thread, it is Riveria Bathtub Updates and post 1 has the letter. As I noted, shower and separate tub remains in all A4 and B4.  9007 specifically listed. 

Edited by EJL2023
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

Per my understanding and something posted before on another thread, all of the B4 and A4 staterooms kept the separate shower and tub. Again, this as I recall. Someone had posted a pic of a letter they had received. Just found thread, it is Riveria Bathtub Updates and post 1 has the letter. As I noted, shower and separate tub remains in all A4 and B4.  9007 specifically listed. 

Thanks for the info!

Well, crap, I don't like shower/tub combos (looking at you most NCL Haven rooms!), and that separate shower is too tiny for my wife and me.  So it's either upgrade to an A3 or downgrade to a B1.    

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Thanks for the info!

Well, crap, I don't like shower/tub combos (looking at you most NCL Haven rooms!), and that separate shower is too tiny for my wife and me.  So it's either upgrade to an A3 or downgrade to a B1.    

Agree…..looks like you have your choice for either of those options. And I know that Riviera was misspelled in my post above, but I did so as that is how it was spelled in the title of the mentioned thread. 

Edited by EJL2023
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

And I know that Riviera was misspelled in my post above,

Ouch, and I'm usually such a good speller. Must have been drinking that day. 🍸

• Haha 2

We did A4 on Riviera 12/2021 and my wife loved the tub. We did A3 on Riviera 10-11/2023 and had the large shower. She learned to enjoy that, too. Either way works for me.

I just enjoy using either AFTER I use the big therapy pool on Riviera on the Spa Deck. Love to do that daily around 5-6 pm. Then go down to room to bathe/shower. (Marina does not have the big therapy pool, nor do any of the 4 small R-ships.)

Posted (edited)

I got the TA working on an A3 upgrade after he confirmed our info with his Oceania rep.  (He was trying to get me to upgrade to a Penthouse!)

Live and learn.  😏

Edited by scooter6139
  • Like 1

@scooter6139

If you move to the PH, you will have earned so many points with your DW. Add your walk in closet and she will be in heaven, plus a decent make up area. Yes, you will live and learn but it will come at a $. If by 11065 look for a different room, under TC and Waves entrance and it can be noisy. 
We will be on Riviera from Tokyo as she arrives in Vancouver for her inaugural Alaska season and are excited about that trip. We love Riviera but have not sailed on her since 2021 however we will get a chance to check her out in all her remodeled glory in November.  IMHO, you will definitely enjoy your Alaskan experience especially in that PH. 
Mauibabes

• Like 1

@scooter6139

Oops, misread your post, moving to A-3, not PH. Oh well but your TA was making a good suggestion, believe me as we have been in both. 
Whatever you do, have a fabulous time.

Mauibabes

• Like 1

Penthouse Suites and Staterooms with the bathtub and shower:

PH3: 9138, 9145, 10002, 10003, 10004, 10005, 10008, 10009, 10010, 10011

A4: 9002, 9003, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, 9008, 9009, 9010, 9011, 9012, 9019, 9126, 9128, 9130, 9132, 9133, 9134, 9135, 9136, 9137, 9139, 9141, 9143

B4: 7010, 7011, 7012, 7014, 7015, 7016, 7017, 7018, 7019, 7020, 7021, 7022, 7023, 7024, 7025, 7026, 7027, 7028, 7029, 7031, 7102, 7104, 7105, 7106, 7107, 7109

• Thanks 2

Moved from A4 9007 to A3 9043.  I have to laugh at myself for paying more $$ to avoid a tub/shower combo.  🙄

@mauibabes I would LOVE to upgrade to a Penthouse or more!  But the just under $3k difference quoted to us is a bit more than I can swallow, especially since my wife decided she still wanted to do the short Princess cruise a few months before this one.  😮‍💨  

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if the upgraded Riviera Concierge cabins that do not have the new enlarged shower (still the bathtub and small walk-in shower) have a showerhead in the bathtub? A video I saw of an upgraded cabin with a tub only seemed to just have a small handheld "wand" in the tub rather than a full showerhead. Would be hard to use just use the wand for a shower... Thanks for any info.

Edited by PSR

@scooter6139

I can make it all happen for you 🤪🤞We just had 11 friends get off a Princess Alaska cruise and one couple Princess Commodore level and all expert Princess cruisers. All have been on Oceania cruises with us and some up to 10 cruises. The Commodore said this was his LAST Princess cruise. Half way thru the trip the couple approaching 10 O cruises sent an email, “I will never, never, never, never sail on this Princess tugboat again”. so the solution, Cancel Princess trip and use the $$$ for your Oceania Penthouse. 

Oh well, JMHO, 

Mauibabes

• Like 2

14 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Moved from A4 9007 to A3 9043.  I have to laugh at myself for paying more $$ to avoid a tub/shower combo.  🙄

But!  There's more!  You are now very close to the concierge lounge and the laundry.  We were in that cabin in 2023 and loved the location.

• Like 1