Just Off the Edge Concierge Class 7 Nights Seattle Dawes Inside Passage

Hi. How was the weather your week? Are there any specific items you wish you would’ve packed OR wished you hadn’t brought along?

We will be sailing her on June 21. Long term weather forecast looks like rain at the three AK ports. May change as we get closer. My husband thinks with the high humidity it won’t feel as cold as it is. We live in southern AZ desert and in general have forgotten how to be cold, Lol! I don’t want to overpack the cold weather stuff, or miss not having tshirts and shorts. What’s your advice? Thanks.

On 6/14/2024 at 1:11 AM, AnnieHawk said:

Hi. How was the weather your week? Are there any specific items you wish you would’ve packed OR wished you hadn’t brought along?

We will be sailing her on June 21. Long term weather forecast looks like rain at the three AK ports. May change as we get closer. My husband thinks with the high humidity it won’t feel as cold as it is. We live in southern AZ desert and in general have forgotten how to be cold, Lol! I don’t want to overpack the cold weather stuff, or miss not having tshirts and shorts. What’s your advice? Thanks.

It was cold and wet but typical for Alaska, I loved it!  I suggest packing for cold weather however did not need gloves and scarf.  First time we did this I bought a fleeced lined jacket with Alaska on it at the first port and that was heavy enough. I never had the oportunity to wear shorts except embarking at the beginning and disembarking at the end.

On 6/14/2024 at 12:05 PM, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

How were the seas throughout the week?

Smooth but we had one day towards the end it was a bit rough but not bad.

On 6/19/2024 at 8:28 AM, Honeybadger418 said:

How was the entertainment on the cruise?  Did the Uptown group perform on your cruise?

I don't remember Uptown Group.  I will check my dailies when I get back home.

Posted (edited)

Hello Scott, did you get priority boarding?  We are concierge class but our check in time is 1:00 (earliest available). Celebrity customer support rep said to just show up early at 10:30 and they will let us on. 

- replying to my own post :).  found this article which says we can board anytime after 10:30 AM.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2737280-concierge-class-embarkation/Joe

Edited by JoeSeattle

16 hours ago, vwcruise said:

We are sailing July 12 . Was there a naturalist on board the Edge that did talks along the trip?

thanks 

Yes and she was wonderful and humorous at the same time.

15 hours ago, JoeSeattle said:

Hello Scott, did you get priority boarding?  We are concierge class but our check in time is 1:00 (earliest available). Celebrity customer support rep said to just show up early at 10:30 and they will let us on. 

- replying to my own post :).  found this article which says we can board anytime after 10:30 AM.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2737280-concierge-class-embarkation/Joe

Priority Boarding?  No, however I did get assigned 12:30 in Concierge.  We took the 10 AM shuttle from Marriott Waterfront and we were allowed to go straight through the boarding process.  We then had a very brief wait as the ship was not quite ready for boarding and assigned group 4.  They ran through the groups very quickly.

• Like 2

Hi there! This is more ship related, but which MDR dining room was your favorite and why?  

Did you get an embarkation day lunch in one of the MDRs for being Concierge?  

Thanks!

On 6/28/2024 at 9:11 PM, singleflyer said:

Did you eat at any of the speciality (upcharge) restaurants?  What did you think?

I'm going on this same itinerary in August.

I got off on June 28th and we ate in Eden. It was sooooo good, easily the best meal on the ship though we didn't eat in any other specialty restaurants. Be sure to go hungry, we went to the Captain's reception and had a few too many canapes and free drinks!

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 5:48 PM, hmcrn said:

Hi there! This is more ship related, but which MDR dining room was your favorite and why?  

I don't know that I had a clear favorite since you can get all the same food at each one. The chandelier in Normandie (I believe) is pretty but they're all well decorated. We ate at each of the MDRs once and Eden once, with two late nights in port. The last night in Victoria we came back late (maybe 10p) for the snacks in the buffet but they had a ton of food, as if they knew most people missed regular dinner times.

On 6/28/2024 at 2:48 PM, hmcrn said:

Did you get an embarkation day lunch in one of the MDRs for being Concierge?  

Thanks!

We rotated through all four and liked them all equally as well.

There was an embarkation day lunch for concierge but remembering the quality from the Solstice we opted to just to the OVC.

On 6/28/2024 at 6:11 PM, singleflyer said:

Did you eat at any of the speciality (upcharge) restaurants?  What did you think?

I'm going on this same itinerary in August.

We did not.  We found them very expensive, for us.

How was the wait in the MDR on the first night?  I know it can often be a bit of a zoo.  Since Prime Rib is something I consider a classic cruise indulgence does anyone know if they also serve this in the OVC the first night?  

8 hours ago, chefchick said:

How was the wait in the MDR on the first night?  I know it can often be a bit of a zoo.  Since Prime Rib is something I consider a classic cruise indulgence does anyone know if they also serve this in the OVC the first night?  

The wait is a difficult question because American restaurants are all about seeing how many times we can flip the table in one night, hurry hurry hurry.  If there was a wait, it was very enjoyable.  One of the MDR restaurants, I forget which one, we ordered two appetizers each and the assistant waiter brought them both out at the same time.  When our head waiter brought our entree, I had mentioned that to him and he thoroughly apologized saying that they should have spaced them out.  Also if you want coffee at the end of dinner with desert, specify regular percolated drip coffee, otherwise you end up with Americano which to me is just dark water.

Prime rib did make an appearance once, but cannot tell you when.   

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, chefchick said:

We went to Cyprus the first night and was told it would be about 20 minutes but it was less than 10. Most nights the wait was about 10. I had reservations that I made before the cruise but never used those because they were later than we wanted to eat. I wouldn't even bother to make reservations unless you have a specific reason to do so. There was four of us each night. Actually, my friend did get prime rib and I'm pretty sure it was the first night. Not sure about the cafe. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caryn said:

We went to Cyprus the first night and was told it would be about 20 minutes but it was less than 10. Most nights the wait was about 10. I had reservations that I made before the cruise but never used those because they were later than we wanted to eat. I wouldn't even bother to make reservations unless you have a specific reason to do so. There was four of us each night. Actually, my friend did get prime rib and I'm pretty sure it was the first night. Not sure about the cafe. 

The concierge had set us up for 6 PM each night and rotated us through the four MDR and we never had to wait.  Next cruise we are in Retreat so will be in Lumine. 

If you have anytime dining and wish to attend any of the 4 common included restaurants, do you just show up and they will fit you in?  I have tried to book ahead of time and am not having any luck.  We are on the Edge to Alaska in Septemer.  Do you by chance know the answer to this?  Many thanks,

10 minutes ago, lovetoplantravel said:

If you have anytime dining and wish to attend any of the 4 common included restaurants, do you just show up and they will fit you in?  I have tried to book ahead of time and am not having any luck.  We are on the Edge to Alaska in Septemer.  Do you by chance know the answer to this?  Many thanks,

Yes, you can show up at the restaurants and just put your name in. I made 3 reservations but they were late and I didn't keep any of them. For two I cancelled them with the hostess but for one I just ignored because I was doing something else and you can't cancel on the app.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 1:54 PM, lovetoplantravel said:

Yes, however we were Concierge and spoke with our Concierge once on board and she set us up for a standing reservation for 6 PM rotating through all the MDR and we were fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2024 at 1:54 PM, lovetoplantravel said:

We were Concierge and spoke to our Concierge once on board and she set us up perfectly.