Concierge class embarkation

picklejama

We're booked in Concierge Class but have received an embarkation time of 1-1:30. This means we will board after the Concierge class lunch in the MDR will be over. We are arriving in FLL a day early and can get to the ship by late morning. If we do that, will we be allowed to board? How strict are the times printed on the Xpress pass?

Thanks for your help. And thanks to those who helped me figure out how to solve my online sign-in problems!

The embarkation times seem to be churned out indiscriminately to stagger boarding to avoid long lines.  At any rate those are suggested times.  Plenty of people fly in the day of the cruise (although I certainly wouldn’t) or need to vacate their hotel room by 11 and need to go to the pier earlier than Celebrity’s suggested time.  In your case you certainly should checkin in time for the Concierge MDR embarkation lunch.  It is one of the perks of your booking!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, picklejama said:

We're booked in Concierge Class but have received an embarkation time of 1-1:30. This means we will board after the Concierge class lunch in the MDR will be over. We are arriving in FLL a day early and can get to the ship by late morning. If we do that, will we be allowed to board? How strict are the times printed on the Xpress pass?

Thanks for your help. And thanks to those who helped me figure out how to solve my online sign-in problems!

Just go to the pier when you are ready.  Our time is noon but we will still go at 10:30

Concierge has priority boarding.  Arrive anytime you like, after 10:30am. You will NOT be denied boarding!  The only issue will be if, for some reason, the ship is delayed in boarding (such as, a delay in the ship getting into dock - this happened in December, when it was extremely windy.  We were delayed almost an hour in disembarking.  Not sure if the embarkation of the next cruise was delayed).  

The lunch in the MDR is a nice place to avoid the crowds, and I believe it is served from 11am to 1pm.  Concierge was actually boarded before Elite and Suites - I believe due to the time restrictions on MDR lunch.

You can also go up to the Mast Grill, and enjoy your first (and maybe only? :)) awesome hamburger and fries.  Not usually too busy on embarkation day. 

14 hours ago, Elusive_Cruiser said:

The lunch in the MDR is a nice place to avoid the crowds, and I believe it is served from 11am to 1pm.  Concierge was actually boarded before Elite and Suites - I believe due to the time restrictions on MDR lunch.

You can also go up to the Mast Grill, and enjoy your first (and maybe only? :)) awesome hamburger and fries.  Not usually too busy on embarkation day. 

i'm assuming ok to drop bags in the room as they probably dont want them in the MDR?

8 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i'm assuming ok to drop bags in the room as they probably dont want them in the MDR?

No, rooms won't be ready that early.  They are usually ready at 1:00 or thereabout.  There is room in the MDR to put your bag.

49 minutes ago, kenevenpar said:

No, rooms won't be ready that early.  They are usually ready at 1:00 or thereabout.  There is room in the MDR to put your bag.

If you are on a revolutionized ship, you can go and drop your bags in your cabin and leave. 🙂 Easy-peasy. Even us non-suite and non-concierge peons are allowed to do that!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If you are on a revolutionized ship, you can go and drop your bags in your cabin and leave. 🙂 Easy-peasy. Even us non-suite and non-concierge peons are allowed to do that!

You are correct.  I did not realize she was traveling on Summit.