World Club Question

napria

Posted (edited)

This subject comes up from time to time and the same suggestions appear.  No matter what changes Cunard makes to the club it will cause many people to be annoyed - to put it politely. 

It took us a long time to reach Diamond. There was no club on our first few voyages which started in 1973.  I don't remember when (mid-1980s perhaps?) the first version of the World Club was introduced. I vaguely recall points were earned and they could be applied to future fares.

Unfortunately we had a gap of about 18 years in our out-of-country travels and resumed Cunard crossings in 2008.  Because  there was a new club by then we were shown as first-timers.  I was able to prove our earlier trips and the  California office assured me we would be Gold level members.  On boarding the QE2 we were still shown as first-timers, but the lovely Yo-yo very quickly straightened everything out on her computer.  

Edited by david,Mississauga
typo

4 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

This subject comes up from time to time and the same suggestions appear.  No matter what changes Cunard makes to the club it will cause many people to be annoyed - to put it politely. 

It took us a long time to reach Diamond. There was no club on our first few voyages which started in 1973.  I don't remember when (mid-1980s perhaps?) the first version of the World Club was introduced. I vaguely recall points were earned and they could be applied to future fares.

Unfortunately we had a gap of about 18 years in our out-of-country travels and resumed Cunard crossings in 2008.  Because  there was a new club by then we were shown as first-timers.  I was able to prove our earlier trips and the  California office assured me we would be Gold level members.  On boarding the QE2 we were still shown as first-timers, but the lovely Yo-yo very quickly straightened everything out on her computer.  

I do like Yo Yo she is very competent. 

On 6/10/2024 at 7:35 PM, King Amo said:

Have to say I disagree with this. There are many reasons why people's circumstances may change and lead to pauses, not least having children (I recognise this isn't an issue for much of Cunard's main demographic🙂), looking after loved ones or health-related inability to travel (the latter two much more likely). To have your loyalty benefits eroded would seem very unfair. 

Airlines / hotel chains do exactly that.....   

18 minutes ago, Toffeegirl68 said:

Airlines / hotel chains do exactly that.....   

They do and I lost my top FF status with an airline after a year when we took to cruising more than land holidays.

Cunard do have a ten year no activity discretionary 'clause' in their world club t&cs. No idea if it's ever actioned.

15 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

They do and I lost my top FF status with an airline after a year when we took to cruising more than land holidays.

Cunard do have a ten year no activity discretionary 'clause' in their world club t&cs. No idea if it's ever actioned.

My first Cunard cruise was a QE2 crossing in 1998 and I didn't sail with Cunard again until the QM2 in 2017.  When my TA booked that 2017 crossing, she was able to access my past passenger status/WC number and I received a Silver cruise card and my cruise history online reflected the old QE2 voyage.  So I guess in reality,  they allow for 20 years in between voyages!  

That said, I'm trying for a shorter interval this time:  I have #3 coming in a few weeks -- super excited to be on Queen Victoria!

• Like 2