Emerald Princess 10 day Caribbean starting 6/9- semi live

tulok

My Dollar Tree finds that have been great. 
The shower magnet and binder clips have worked like a charm.

The bins are good for organizing 

And of course magnet hooks

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_6337.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tulok said:

My Dollar Tree finds that have been great. 
The shower magnet and binder clips have worked like a charm.

The bins are good for organizing 

And of course magnet hooks

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_6337.jpeg

These are all good ideas!

We also use a binder clip on that wayward shower curtain, but the addition of the shower magnet (to hold the always-flapping-around curtain closed) is great!  

Thanks!  👍👍

Hasn’t flapped once. That was by chance as I had extra magnets and realized I could use it on the shower curtain to the door frame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tulok said:

Hasn’t flapped once. That was by chance as I had extra magnets and realized I could use it on the shower curtain to the door frame.

😅😅. Sometimes "by chance" is how the greatest ideas happen!

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2024 at 11:32 AM, reedprincess said:

The fridge definitely is cool/cold enough to stash some rolls and cold cuts or similar..  and to help it stay cooler - prop the cabinet door open - it allows for better airflow thus keeping it cooler...   

Good luck - hope your next sailing features a fair few more snacks!! 😁

Pack a few sandwich or quart baggies to keep your food fresher in the fridge. 🍇

• Thanks 1

Today was a full day in St Martin. We took the Discover St Martin tour with a non Princess company and it was great. The tour was 5 hours and ended with watching the planes fly overhead at a

time the larger planes were coming and going. We really enjoyed seeing the entire island.

We had dinner at Planks and it was the best dinner we had on ship. The service was excellent (Alex) and the food was fast, hot and smoked well. I highly recommend making reservations for a couple of nights.

Then we saw Steve Caouette, a comedian that was the best show yet. He really played to the audience.

It was a wonderful day and evening and now we are sitting on our balcony watching the world float by. And I had quite a few Whispering Angels, getting the courage to go zip lining tomorrow. 😬

Ocean now app for ordering has worked quite well.

My husband has used it many times and the longest wait so far is about 20mins. Most times 10-15mins and they find us every time.

Sugar free ice cream is available at cones by the pool. Just ask, they keep it in the refrigerator and it was no charge.

• Like 1

Thanks for a GREAT report! we board next cruise and I am encouraged by your comments and  the thoughts others have shared  here.

we will be following along! 

safe journey!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nattyg1723 said:

Hi there, enjoying your semi live!

If possible, no pressure, would you be able to inquire if pickle martinis are available anywhere?

Thank you!

Funny you should ask. We were just talking about pickle martinis and said I was going to try and get one this evening. I will definitely let you know.

• Like 1

Breakfast buffet is getting same old…same old. I am not really a breakfast eater but trying to eat something before leaving for an excursion. My DH has been eating in the IC for breakfast and he has enjoyed it. We haven’t tried mdr so there are choices, I just need to branch out. 

Not a fan of Antigua as a port but we had a good zip line excursion. It was with Princess and they didn’t do the best job with organization. The small rain forest company was not expecting 45 people all at once. It would have been much better sending us every 30 minutes or so but it worked out. The company was nice and it went pretty fast once all the paperwork and other things (that could have been done earlier) was completed. My first time zip lining and I survived and no one needed to call 911

so it was a good hot day.  We got back at 3p starving so went straight to the buffet. I was able to make a taco salad as it was mexican theme. Hit the spot on a

hot day. The salsa on the buffet is good.

Tonight is Sabatinis. I will try to remember to take a picture of the menu. I am terrible remembering to take pictures. 

For those about to board I hope I leave you some “Whispering Angel” and Heineken 0.IMG_6310.thumb.png.7ea2cb60a90833134409b979e081501f.png

This elevator list helped me a lot at the beginning 

IMG_6386.thumb.png.80fe78fe6a1fe0a4f2605a7178310bd8.pngthis is what you see once onboard with the app. under shipmates you can locate anyone that approves you locating them. It has been great as I can see where my DH is after the gym or he can find me after a nap. I really like this feature and the medallions. Princess gets an A for this innovation.  So far no mistakes on our folio. 
To see how many drinks you have had, you go to packages and it keeps a talley 0/15…3/15…etc. We take a quick look and if that seems right we don’t really check the folio except in the morning I will look.

We had dinner at Planks and it was the best dinner we had on ship. The service was excellent (Alex) and the food was fast, hot and smoked well. 

We plan to have dinner at Planks.  Do you mind telling us what your ordered?

3 hours ago, In Toronto said:

e plan to have dinner at Planks.  Do you mind telling us what your ordered?

We had 2 couples so almost everything was ordered. I had brisket and pulled pork. My DH has the sausage and ribs. Everyone enjoyed the meal the most

Just now, tulok said:

We had 2 couples so almost everything was ordered. I had brisket and pulled pork. My DH has the sausage and ribs. Everyone enjoyed the meal the most

The coleslaw is actually carrot and raisins

Sabatinis was good but service was slow. They let me order Baratta Capri twice as I don’t eat pasta. Then I had the rosemary chicken. It was good, not great but good. My DH said that same thing about the veal tenderloin. IMG_6396.thumb.jpeg.b9bfd48a4856cc6e7ed95341dfb13e49.jpegIMG_6387.thumb.jpeg.0305c5ea9b62d81111a4f5aca5aaaa27.jpeg

Tonight we are watching Ashlie Amber from American Idol for a Whitney Houston review.

We saw the comedian in Club Fusion and he was funny. They seem to get good talent for the evening shows.

1 hour ago, tulok said:

Thank you.  I have to have the ribs - love ribs.

16 hours ago, In Toronto said:

We had dinner at Planks and it was the best dinner we had on ship. The service was excellent (Alex) and the food was fast, hot and smoked well. 

We plan to have dinner at Planks.  Do you mind telling us what your ordered?

We will be on the Emerald this fall. How do you make reservations for Planks? Do you go to the restaurant on embarkation day?

18 minutes ago, MountainEER74 said:

We will be on the Emerald this fall. How do you make reservations for Planks? Do you go to the restaurant on embarkation day?

Have to call the dining line.

7 hours ago, gsmith2424 said:

Have to call the dining line.

That is what we did. We went to a house phone at the Excursions desk and I asked for the dining line number. They were able to get us into all the casual restaurants and even move our Sabatinis reservations so we could make Planks work. Steamers and Planks are on opposite days.

Posted (edited)

It was a lovely but rainy day on St Kitts. We booked with Blue Safari tours for the Catamaran, Snorkeling and Lunch excursions. It was so much fun. Open bar, music and the crew made it fun. We did snorkel early into the catamaran cruise. 

St Kitts is a beautiful island. I would come back here in a moment. 

Tonight we are having the Ultimate Balcony Dinner for our anniversary. (It was right before we left) We have it starting at 6p when the ship

leaves port which is a good thing because our balcony is facing the sun now. IMG_6400.thumb.jpeg.0ae3d12befefcaaf373672d661b9358f.jpegIMG_6399.thumb.jpeg.52ea37abf9a79317acbe6d6058fddcab.jpegIMG_6404.thumb.jpeg.6acd431803b1aaa9b5948a8a054b3cb8.jpeg

Edited by tulok
  • Like 2