Aft PV1 cabins 6072-95

CincyAL

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

These cabins are mentioned in a blog about Cabins to Avoid because they are located below the “wings” of the deck above.

See pictures here

I saw that when that was posted before but the person doesn't say why those cabins under the wing are a problem, is it noise or did the OP want more sun that the overhang blocked.  I've been under an overhang like that on another ship in an area where it rained a lot and it was great to have that overhang, I was able to use the balcony the whole time.  It it's because of noise that's a different story.

Edited by rmalbers

52 minutes ago, CincyAL said:

These cabins are pricy.  Cabins (6072-95)are all  below the World Cafe.   Anyone comment from their experience on noise issues.  Thanks.  

We stayed in 6095 on Star when all we could get was a PV guarantee room.  We hated it!  The noise wasn’t really a problem, some chair scraping for about ten minutes in the morning when getting set up, maybe 6:30ish, but that was all.  But we hated the overhang!  It impeded views and photos.  And the room is far away from a set of elevators and stairs.  We always opt for 6 forward, and this room was just the antithesis of that.  

• Like 1

I most interested in NOISE.  To me the overhang appears to be benefit in rainy weather.  Still interested in feedback from actually past passengers  from this cabins.  Thanks

We were in 6090 on Viking Sky and noticed no noise issues from the World Cafe above. The 'wings' reduced visibility a bit but we were still able to see the Northern Lights from the balcony 

We were in 6072 for the Midnight Sun cruise in end of June early July.  We heard absolutely nothing from the World Cafe.  However this room is more forward than other PV1's.  It was cooler weather for the cruise with no tables set outside on the overhang.  The ONLY thing we did not like about the overhang was taking our 5 am photos while passing the waterfalls on the way to Gerainger, Norway.  The overhang got in the way.  However on a cruise where days could be hot and sunny or when rain is predicted, the overhang could be a blessing.  On a TA from Barcelona to San Juan, friends in cabins on the portside of the ship complained they could not use their balcony in the afternoon because it was too hot in the sun.  An overhang could have helped.

• Like 2

We were in 6077 on the Sea and had a partial overhang, which made framing photos a bit challenging. We heard only occasional noise from the World Cafe above. Not enough to disturb our sleep, and I have very acute hearing. We now travel with a portable rechargeable white noise machine and I suspect if we had used it then we wouldn’t have heard anything from above.

This was our first PV stateroom and now prefer a PV on deck 5 away from public spaces, including elevators.