TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I was wondering about the sweet corn & chili. Glad it was good. 

(I recently made poblano corn soup for the first time; loved it! Fell in love with it on a Royal cruise ship.)

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

(I recently made poblano corn soup for the first time; loved it! Fell in love with it on a Royal cruise ship.)

I’ve had it… I don’t exactly remember where, but it was good. Great flavors. Some ship food can be bland, so looking at the menu, it caught my eye. I’m gonna have to search it out somewhere soon. I’d make it, but I doubt my kids would eat it. 😆

• Like 4

14 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Latitudes cocktail party tonight at 6p at Spinnaker. Guest services told me it already happened day one. Who knows. 

Unusual, unless each NCL ship is different.  Our last 3 on NCL were all on the Prima and the Latitudes party was day two, or first sea day at 100 pm.

14 hours ago, kjquilts said:

I'm glad you are up and taking photos 🙂...because they have the observation lounge and great outdoors.  All the Pearl photos you've posted just reinforce that preference.  On the other hand (lol) I keep telling myself it is a VERY port intensive cruise and the ship shouldn't matter. 

The Bliss & Encore have a three story high glass enclosed observation lounge that takes up the front third of the ship.  Beautiful when pulling into ports.  The ship should always matter, even if the port stop is 10 hours long, another 14 is on the ship.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

B is stirring! Wants to meet in O’Sheehan’s for a proper breakfast. I guess I could be convinced to nibble a bit more…

Double breakfast each day allows for more 🦬 consumption since there is more food in your system to absorb it.

B sits down, and fourth hand into the cruise bangs a four of a kind for a hundo

IMG_3866.thumb.jpeg.6ad07690c5fbd3af4c000aaa8e20820b.jpeg

me? Just busy losing after she left thinking it was oh so easy…. Back to maltings and Rodolfo 🇵🇪 for comfort

IMG_3868.thumb.jpeg.672141a638ce7be802035ccd78796106.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 14

Atrium Bar. 🦬. Jim 🇵🇭

42 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

The Bliss & Encore have a three story high glass enclosed observation lounge that takes up the front third of the ship.  Beautiful when pulling into ports.  The ship should always matter, even if the port stop is 10 hours long, another 14 is on the ship.

That’s great, but I also love spinnaker on Sun class and forward lido on carnival spirit class because you can go outside… that’s absolute perfection for Sailaway, especially in places like Alaska 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Norway is high on my last, possibly next summer 

We are doing the 11 day from Southampton with stops in Belgium, Amsterdam, Norway and Iceland on Prima and then flying to Denmark onto Sweden and then more time in Norway. Doing the land trip with Gate 1. Look forward to both trips.

• Like 3

Just now, odie1024 said:

We are doing the 11 day from Southampton with stops in Belgium, Amsterdam, Norway and Iceland on Prima and then flying to Denmark onto Sweden and then more time in Norway. Doing the land trip with Gate 1. Look forward to both trips.

That sounds amazing…. @HelloItsMeB, figure this out!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Btw… I’ve been on Carnival Pride, Mardi Gras, Celebration, Venezia, and Regal Princess… and of all those ships and this one with Starlink internet this is by FAR the slowest. Maybe it’s the terrain of this itinerary, but is what it is 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Can not wait. B is hesitant to do a lot of Iceland stops since she spent a week there, so as soon as we find a summer itinerary heavy on Norway we are in (I’m personally great with the Iceland)

Sky Princess next year June 13-28.  RT out of Southampton.  7 stops in Norway plus Edinburgh Scotland.  Food for thought.

• Like 2