TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

1 minute ago, thera said:

Man, I hope B is okay.

What a mess. I also always feel sorry for those poor donkeys. 

Me too. I hate that. I’m a big animal softie though. They were so smart. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Y’all, we’ve sailed away… we’re gaining speed…. I don’t get how that’s possible, how they got everyone on board, but here we are…

IMG_4276.thumb.jpeg.994aa2a81fc464a922c89598101823bf.jpeg

Hope they didn’t leave folks!

15 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I want a Texas Sized CFS just reading this. Fried okra and mashed potatoes on the side.

My favorites were the meatloaf, fried corn on the cob, and black-eyed peas. I loved that job. It was my supplement to my teacher's salary. I made great money as a bartender. Unfortunately, getting paid mostly in cash made for some wasteful spending.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

We managed to laugh a bit and be beyond thankful it was over and we were headed home 

@HelloItsMeB I hope you are okay! What a clucker! This sounds like a try to make lemonade, with vodka, experience.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Wow! Thanks for taking me to Santorini, now I won't ever have to go! 🤦‍♂️ 

According to Marine Traffic you pretty much left on-time at 10pm local time? Epic about 20 minutes later. From those line pictures, not sure how that happened.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

She was unhurt (we think so far), but the overall frustration of the day got to her at this point. I think people saw her reaction and ran over to check on her, see if she was all right. She just hit a slick spot- they’re everywhere - and went down. I think between the sunburn, tired legs, and the fall, she’s gonna have a triple threat of pain tomorrow….

undaunted, we had no choice but to soldier on. The 9pm deadline had now passed, but she was back on her feet and the fight continued 

IMG_0065.thumb.jpeg.872febbc9e876b83ee82156e657dae31.jpeg

oh, and screw this useless piece of garbage 

IMG_0064.thumb.jpeg.70e15e9ba96e915783532d5fdc20098c.jpeg

Oh dear, now I just read this, but @HelloItsMeB is still smiling, poor girl, how awful for you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, onlyano said:

My favorites were the meatloaf, fried corn on the cob, and black-eyed peas. I loved that job. It was my supplement to my teacher's salary. I made great money as a bartender. Unfortunately, getting paid mostly in cash made for some wasteful spending.

Did the same thing at Cheddar’s, I get it 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Home Sweet Home. Shower was life changing. Feel a little bad “missing a night” but I’m donezo. We get to Mykonos at 7am. Last tender back is way early at 2p. I have no desire to do anything now but I know we’ll rally tomorrow. Probably get off around 9 and just fiddle around close to the ship. Then, it happens…. A SEA DAY

IMG_0087.thumb.jpeg.30dcd458cefdffd84a6652a56a8f977d.jpeg

I imagine you already know this - Mykonnos is ~just as beautiful, but flatter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Now everyone knows why Santorini is about to limit the # of cruise ships allowed to visit each day. Been there many times and it was never that bad. Ever. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, VictorWI said:

Wow! Thanks for taking me to Santorini, now I won't ever have to go! 🤦‍♂️ 

According to Marine Traffic you pretty much left on-time at 10pm local time? Epic about 20 minutes later. From those line pictures, not sure how that happened.

i truly have no idea myself 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

IMG_4165.thumb.jpeg.433e433616b8e07464bfb33494828b76.jpeg

Yep, those stairs are nice and level.

4 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

IMG_4206.thumb.jpeg.bd115153f69d2311c5ad2c5d66100310.jpeg

With all those plates being thrown, it's a wonder someone doesn't take a shard in the eye!

39 minutes ago, onlyano said:

I live in TX and spent 40+ years working in the public school system. 20 of those years I was an English as a Second Language teacher. I have two years of high school and one semester of college Spanish. 

I spent 8 years working at the "Black-eyed Pea" restaurant. Texas folks will recognize that spot. Knowing a bit of Spanish definitely helped me get my food orders faster than my English-only peers. My Spanish speaking co-workers appreciated the fact that I tried to converse with them.

I long for the days of the Black-eyed Pea.  GREAT food.

• Like 2

Whenever I'm in a sour mood, I think back to the fun scale. I'm sure you've probably seen it. Your trip reminds me of most recent Type 2 Fun event (backpacking the Grand Canyon). All those mules and poop and steps. But, not nearly the amount of people!

Anyway, enough of me bragging, I truly hope you and B have the best kind of Type 2 Fun when you remember this day. It sounds like you might already be having it, but watch out for the sore bum tomorrow!! Make sure B drinks A LOT of water (not booze, actual agua) and pops some painkillers (the pill form, not the drink form). You too, good sir! No carousing this evening. Have your O'Sheehan's and get theeselves to water and pain pills.

Explainer on the Fun Scale:

https://essentialwilderness.com/type-1-2-and-3-fun/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

B didn’t love that it was just the overnight menu and I didn’t love my seat, so we bailed. Think we might do room service. 

Also, can’t believe I’m walking down stairs right now. 

IMG_4282.thumb.jpeg.d266024c67c37ad5e76633e238e9ea44.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 21

11 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

B didn’t love that it was just the overnight menu and I didn’t love my seat, so we bailed. Think we might do room service. 

Also, can’t believe I’m walking down stairs right now. 

IMG_4282.thumb.jpeg.d266024c67c37ad5e76633e238e9ea44.jpeg

Hope you and B don't have nightmares about stairs tonight...

escher_stairs.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 13