Seaside - Any tips or tricks?

jcollin

Hello,

We are booked on Seaside, 3 Aurea cabins, for December.  Can anyone who has recently sailed share the dailies as well as any tips or tricks / recommendations/  Best bar, show, things to do etc.  How is the Top19?  It was dead on Seashore in April, probably b/c there was little to no shade.  

Thanks

It’s been nearly 10 months since I sailed Seaside, so dailies would be no help.  The wonderful thing about her is she has two buffets.  On deck 16 is a smaller buffet that is only open for breakfast and lunch.  That means it’s less crowded…and when I was on they had wonderful sticky buns.  On Seashore they were not nearly as good.  Aurea dines in the Seashore restaurant on deck 5 aft.  There is a separate smaller entrance to the left, those with fixed dining use the central main entrance.  The deck 16 buffet also has late night snacks 10pm -1 am.

my cruise was a 4+3 so not as many shows as on a 7 day.  They may have the same ones I saw because it costs a whole lot to create and stage a new show.  Anyway, first night was Peter Punk, a sort of takeoff on Peter Pan.  I think the dinosaur stole the show.  There was a comedian, and Moondance, a tribute to Michael Buble.  And Starwalker, Michael Jackson tribute.  We saw Starwalker in 2019.  My favorite hangout was the Sports Bar.  As of last August they hadn’t filled it up with slot machines.  
 Anyway, that’s my report.  I did a Live from which has probably sunk to about page 20.  EM

• Like 2

No Mexican on Seaside.  Only Ocean Cay seafood, Butchers Cut and the Asian Marketplace restaurant.  Deck 16 mid, only accessed by forward elevators.  EM

Posted (edited)

We found the Panoramic elevator in the Aft to rarely be crowded.  Sometimes you have it to yourself.  It goes from 7 to 16 with stops at each floor.  We especially liked it for accessing the buffet on 8.  It drops you at the back of the buffet where it tends to be less crowded.  Even though our cabin was a little closer to the mid ship lifts, we walked aft to get the panoramic lift.

Edited by laudergayle

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

No Mexican on Seaside.  Only Ocean Cay seafood, Butchers Cut and the Asian Marketplace restaurant.  Deck 16 mid, only accessed by forward elevators.

The bar outside of these specialty restaurants is great for after dinner. We would go there from YC after dinner to visit Frederick -- an excellent "mixologist" -- before we headed back to TSL for closing time. He called all the other bartenders "plumbers" and he proved it by making us great drinks every time. 😉

• Like 1

Hello! Will be first time on MSC and on Seaside.

Where might I get coffee? Just in the buffet? Is the coffee from syrup or brewed? How about speciality coffee?

Thanks!

Espresso/coffee is available at the bars, just like in Italy. I don't know about how it may work with different beverage packages since we sail YC and it is all included there. You can ask for anything to be added to make your own preferred type of specialty coffee. We usually add some alcohol to our coffee orders, depending on our mood -- Baileys, Kahlua, coconut rum, etc.

• Like 2