What went wrong on Grandeur.?

For three days out of Athens on 30th May stale bread in the bread basket In the Compass Rose and in La Veranda very limited selection of fruit and dishes. Service in the Compass Rose was erratic and never matched that on The Splendor.

Needless to say the crews were delightful so what had happened?

34 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

I think a new ship tends to suffer "growing pains" when it comes to service.

True, but new ship growing pains should have settled down long before now.  We sailed on Grandeur for 32 days during January and February and experienced no such food issues.  In fact, there were no issues I would attribute to the ship being new.

Perhaps new kitchen crew and dining staff were brought onboard in Athens and it's taking awhile to get them trained properly.  Shouldn't be an issue, but sometimes it is.

In 2011 we did a B2B on two different Princess ships...first, Island Princess; second, Ruby Princess.  Although the menus were the same on both ships, the preparation was done so much better on the Island Princess it was difficult to tell the dishes were supposed to be identical.  Kitchen staff, from the Food and Beverage Manager to the chefs to the line cooks make a huge difference in food quality and consistency.

• Like 3

I was on this sailing and thoroughly enjoyed it.. I honestly couldn’t complain about anything. Ship is immaculate and beautiful, staff are wonderful..only thing I didn’t like was the new  Greek rules about shops etc not being allowed to open in their seas..

We are on board now and there have been no food issues. Service in Compass Rose was a bit hectic last night with a full restaurant and perhaps a lower than usual complement of wait staff. But despite being a little stressed they all maintained a happy face. So far (after three days) I would say that everything is up to normal Regent standards . . . . except the weather that is way too hot for June in the Med!!