Kenai Fjords 7 hour cruise.

We are debating whether to take the 7 hour Kenai Fjords excursion while in Seward.  I have heard great things about it and always wanted to take it.  However I am wondering if we are better off on the  Resurrection Bay shorter cruise that doesn’t go out to the glacier.  Does the 7 hours get tiresome?

We would appreciate feedback from anyone who has done either one while in Seward.  Thanks for any feedback.

7 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

We are debating whether to take the 7 hour Kenai Fjords excursion while in Seward.  I have heard great things about it and always wanted to take it.  However I am wondering if we are better off on the  Resurrection Bay shorter cruise that doesn’t go out to the glacier.  Does the 7 hours get tiresome?

We would appreciate feedback from anyone who has done either one while in Seward.  Thanks for any feedback.

We were in Seward on another cruise line in May - their excursion used Kenai Fjord Tours, who I suspect Regent would use as well.

We opted for the 7-hour trip and were thrilled with it. Great scenery, excellent narration from the tour company (avoided non-stop chatter), humpbacks, mountain goats, sea otters, sea lions and two glaciers. Also a simple but good lunch.

We were never bored on the whole trip and would highly recommend it. One teaser attached ... 🍺🥌.

image.thumb.png.51fcfbb27c82814e69be694c6c39bef5.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CurlerRob said:

We were in Seward on another cruise line in May - their excursion used Kenai Fjord Tours, who I suspect Regent would use as well.

Regent uses Major Marine, or at least did on May 22.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

We opted for the 7-hour trip and were thrilled with it. Great scenery, excellent narration from the tour company (avoided non-stop chatter), humpbacks, mountain goats, sea otters, sea lions and two glaciers. Also a simple but good lunch.

We were never bored on the whole trip and would highly recommend it. One teaser attached ... 🍺🥌.

image.thumb.png.51fcfbb27c82814e69be694c6c39bef5.png

Thanks Curler Rob.  You have us sold.  We appreciate the info. 

Edited by Eager2Travel
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

Rels, I appreciate knowing who did Regents tour.   I will look it up.  Do you know of any feedback, good or bad?

Due to circumstances beyond anyone's control (not Regent's or Major Marine's), our excursion wasn't as advertised. You are extremely unlikely to encounter the same circumstances. Regent refunded our payment, but I can't comment on the quality of the excursion, since it didn't happen.

• Like 1

This was one of our main highlights to our Alaska cruise. We stayed in Seward 2 nights before boarding our cruise and did this tour with Major Marines, located at the 360° Harbor View Hotel. Great excursions and the time of 7 hours was fantastic. Would highly recommend it. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the latest information, Rachel, Czardes and RELS.  We will definitely do it if we go ahead with the cruise.  We very much want to do this trip but I am a little hesitant. One of us has had issues show up that needed a prompt hospital visit.  We both enjoy extended sea days but it does limit available hospital care if need is beyond Regent’s wonderful care.  Ah, the golden years.  We are more than grateful to have them!

Edited by Eager2Travel
Wrong word
  • Like 1