Virgin Voyages "What were they thinking?"

Cloud9 Bob

Just got off. Didn’t have an issue with the furniture. Found it fine. Cabanas were all full on sea days. Pretty sure they are making $$ on them. Private Karaoke was always booked. 

The net on the back is worthless - a pool would be better. 

definitely need a pool with slide.

overall, awesome cruise and booked again. 

• Like 3

On 6/19/2024 at 8:25 PM, hoklun said:

Ramen in the galley should be a lunch/dinner option rather than breakfast/lunch 

I really hope they don't make this change. I love having it as a savory breakfast item. The salty/spicy broth is amazing if you had a little too much "fun" the night before. 

• Like 1

The gym and doors leading to nowhere... I had a hard time finding my way in/out/around getting to/from the gym. While I love that one side is cardio and the other side weights, it was hard finding the way in/out. 

On 6/18/2024 at 3:35 PM, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Repeat of what some others mentioned already:

- net

- boxing ring

- record store (I get it’s a virgin theme but didn’t see anyone there)

- does anyone really use the private karaoke? 
- the cabanas are too expensive and I heard there was black dust that would fall around there. 

also, sometimes the bathroom is too far away. I think for razzle dazzle, it was just a men’s bathroom outside and the women’s bathroom was on the other side. 

I used the swing because I didn’t have a hammock. I wish they put hammocks there instead. 

Oh yes we did use one of the rooms, it's uber popular. There was always a full list when we went or when I walked by to add myself. I find this one of the most fun things on a ship only because you're far more likely to convince your friends to join you if nobody's watching... 

• Like 3

On 6/14/2024 at 1:45 PM, Cloud9 Bob said:

I'm starting a Virgin Voyages "What were they thinking?" list. As I walk the ships, I'm constantly picking out things. I'll leave some for everyone else, but I'll start with postage stamp sized pool, see-saw and boxing ring. 😉

LOVE the See-Saw and the boxing ring is in use every single time we're onboard. It's part of the outdoor workout area.  The pools were stupid for a ship that was predominately designed for the Caribbean, but they did not expect their clientele to actually want to swim in a pool, just get wet and then lounge in the sun.  We've had a LOT of talks with the VV team about those pools and the ideas behind them being so small.

I really wish they had designed the aft like the NCL Haven on the new Prima Class with the pool where the Net is. Another design feature that sounded good on paper but is a complete waste of space. 

On 6/14/2024 at 11:57 PM, babalooo said:

The pool is #1

Those cabanas you rent that take up  one side of the ship’s deck…I’ve been on 3 cruises and never saw even one of those booked. Totally empty and a waste of space.

We've seen them rented on all four of our VV cruises. Not sure why people rent them because they are a waste of money for what you get, but we have seen people in them each time. Only a few. 

On 6/18/2024 at 3:29 AM, JayIsFunny said:

A slide would be awesome. Like from somewhere up on deck 17 down to 15 or something...I support this ..lol

On our very first VV cruise we were talking about this with another couple. It would have been nice to have one or two 'fun big kid things' to do on the top decks. Especially if they had built something killer that the kids would have totally envious of when they are docked next to us. 😅

• Like 1

On 6/19/2024 at 8:25 PM, hoklun said:

Ramen in the galley should be a lunch/dinner option rather than breakfast/lunch 

We've had quite a few talks with the VV team over the past few months about dining and the limited options at night if you don't have a reservation. "How is Ramen not open into the early morning?" is something I've brought up multiple times. Hopefully the Ramen station, and maybe the taco station, will open up at night sooner than later. 

On 6/19/2024 at 9:27 PM, Geebeeau said:

Figure out a way that the engine smoke stacks won't rain down black soot on the deck 16 aft. On a recent trip, they held PJ party on deck 16 aft and the next day sailor services were giving free laundry for PJs with black soot.

Can't do anything about that and you'll find that on every ship when the winds are such that the smoke is swirling down onto the ship. We've had balconies that have to be hosed down almost daily when the smoke is hanging low. The scrubbers used on today's ships minimize the soot but there is still a certain amount that gets out there. 

15 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Why do the forward elevators only go to deck 15 when Richards Rooftop, the Poke Bowl place and the smoking area is up there?  

Most elevators mechanical components are on top, so most likely all the things that make it work are on deck 16.

2 hours ago, Russiamomm said:

Understood.  It’s just annoying.  The mid ship elevators go up to 16.

Correct and those elevators don't service the 'suite level' enclave. If the front elevators went all the way to Richard's Rooftop there would be a huge mechanical box somewhere in that retreat generating a lot of noise and rumble. Hence why the elevator doesn't go all the way into Richard's Rooftop.