Crib availability notification experience?

Torfamm

I requested a crib for my sailing tomorrow when I booked and the request remains noted on my Travel Summary as “Crib required, availability limited”.

I’ve received conflicting information about when I will know if there is going to be a crib available in my cabin. I’ve been told by guest services that an email is sent with that information 24 to 48 hours before sailing but have not gotten notification. Can anyone share recent experience with requesting a crib and whether you received notification by email before sailing.

12 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

I requested a crib for my sailing tomorrow when I booked and the request remains noted on my Travel Summary as “Crib required, availability limited”.

I’ve received conflicting information about when I will know if there is going to be a crib available in my cabin. I’ve been told by guest services that an email is sent with that information 24 to 48 hours before sailing but have not gotten notification. Can anyone share recent experience with requesting a crib and whether you received notification by email before sailing.

this company rents pack and plays and other baby needs.  Great service if you're unsure if you are getting a crib.  https://www.babyquip.com/

11 minutes ago, suekel said:

this company rents pack and plays and other baby needs.  Great service if you're unsure if you are getting a crib.  https://www.babyquip.com/

Thanks for the tip, but it would be much cheaper to go buy one. They rent for $15 per day plus a $39 delivery charge.

Just now, Torfamm said:

Thanks for the tip, but it would be much cheaper to go buy one. They rent for $15 per day plus a $39 delivery charge.

Just now, Torfamm said:

Yes.  My d-in-law rented one since we were flying and didn't want to have to deal with that plus 2 strollers and 4 suitcases.  All about the convenience.  

2 hours ago, suekel said:

Yes.  My d-in-law rented one since we were flying and didn't want to have to deal with that plus 2 strollers and 4 suitcases.  All about the convenience.  

I can see that. We’re already here and boarding tomorrow so it’s easier to Uber to Target than to try to arrange pick-up and delivery.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I recently requested one shortly after booking and received confirmation that the request was made on my May sailing. However when I got on board and saw no crib set up, I just asked the cabin steward and he promptly found one and set it up.

And by the way, he had no record of our request.

Edited by ebeluga

17 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

I recently requested one shortly after booking and received confirmation that the request was made on my May sailing. However when I got on board and saw no crib set up, I just asked the cabin steward and he promptly found one and set it up.

And by the way, he had no record of our request.

I’m not sure whether to be horrified or encouraged by your experience, but am hoping for the best tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

I’m not sure whether to be horrified or encouraged by your experience, but am hoping for the best tomorrow.

Corporate sucks.  The room stewards don't.  They'll have the setup you need. Don't sweat it.

2 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Corporate sucks.  The room stewards don't.  They'll have the setup you need. Don't sweat it.

I hope you’re right. If demand exceeds supply though we are going to be dealing with a huge inconvenience at best.

The system of not confirming availability of cribs would keep me from recommending Princess to families traveling with babies.

@Torfamm

such good news. But Princess could make it a little bit easier to communicate if you would be getting one or you wouldn’t be, but so glad that it worked out for you  & your family and perhaps a semi live  or live thread you could start?

Have a wonderful cruise 

7 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I am very happy to report that our cabin steward was able to find us a crib for our grandson!

I never had a doubt.  The cabin stewards are champs.