MSC Seascape...What are added perks of booking a YC Owner's Suite? Besides bigger space...

4 hours ago, Bgwest said:

It seems odd to me that the balcony in the OS (65 ft2 ) is so much smaller than the RS (355 ft2). Also, while the forward facing view of the OS is really nice, I've found the balconies in forward facing cabins to be pretty well useless while at sea.  That said, never been in an OS. Do they have something in place that effectively blocks the wind to the point of making the balcony habitable on sea days?

You are correct. When the balcony is forward the cabin , they are useless when the ship is in motion. The nice thing about these OS suites is the balcony is to the side and completely covered.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

You are correct. When the balcony is forward the cabin , they are useless when the ship is in motion. The nice thing about these OS suites is the balcony is to the side and completely covered.

RS is definitely nice, if you spend more time outside. My RS actually had two balconies, although the second (accessed through the bedroom) was relatively small. The entire balcony is surrounded by glass and it's not like these ships haul ass on sea days, so I wouldn't say that they are useless on sea days. However, it's probably dependent on the weather too. 

I think the big advantage to OS is usually the living space. If you go with a group like mine (it's around 15 of us), cabin size is nice as we would have a good place to meet that's less noisy than the rest of the ship. If you prefer the outdoor space, then maybe going for the larger balcony is a must.

20231127_174112.jpg

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AZLuxTraveler said:

My RS actually had two balconies,

You must be referring to the World class ships Europa.. We have not yet had the pleasure. We are waiting for the World America. Sorry but our only experience with a Royal up front was on Divina in Red Sophia Loren Suite, the balcony was useless and the bulk head detracted from the view and interfered with internet reception.

IMG_0212 (1).jpeg

IMG_0224 (1).jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AZLuxTraveler said:

My RS actually had two balconies, although the second (accessed through the bedroom) was relatively small.

31 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

You must be referring to the World class ships Europa

The Meraviglia/Meraviglia Plus ships have the Royal Suite balconies as shown in the photo. The Plus ships have the larger/deeper balconies and don't feel as enclosed as the Meraviglia ships...(forgive the MS Paint and my lack of skill)

Meraviglia-vs-Meraviglia-Plus-Front-b.jp

I will give the hot tub advantage to the Meraviglia/Meraviglia Plus ships over the Seaside/Seaside EVO ships as far as the Royal Suites but otherwise, I prefer the Sea*** family. 

• Thanks 2