OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK JUNE 2024

1 minute ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Learned today from pool attendant that all the rain soaked cushions on the One Pool Deck have been removed and replaced.

Was no protocol in place to attend to the cushions in preparation for the deluge? Or did the day of rain occur without much warning?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Here is a 33 second clip of the best entertainment on board this ship. Loft Cafe. BB Jazz Quartet.

That's the kind of music I love to hear when gambling. Reminds of old Las Vegas in the Rat Pack days.

Edited by Aloha 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

You are right. We walk on deck 16 Jungle Pool and shy away from doors that one must manually touch. It is bad enough we have to open our cabin door manually but then we wash our hands immediately upon entering and use a wet nap when leaving. 

I have a similar propensity for not touching public...things, and this is where my height comes in handy, as I have developed the habit of opening swinging doors at the top near its header.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, no1talks said:

Was no protocol in place to attend to the cushions in preparation for the deluge? Or did the day of rain occur without much warning?

I guess no protocol in place. Reminds of my witnessing a protocol at a Palm Beach mansion years ago., which has since become an exclusive club. The promenade was covered with large oriental rugs outdoors and the slightest chance of rain it was the job of at least two attendants to roll them up before the rain and roll them back out after.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

"...it was the job of at least two attendants to roll them up before the rain and roll them back out after."

Given the frequency of pop-up storms in the area, that would be a Sisyphean task.

3 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I would say everybody deserves it but not everybody receives it, the same way everybody who provides that level of service deserves additional compensation (in the way of tips), but not everybody receives it.

https://www.socialmediatoday.com/content/does-everyone-deserve-great-customer-service

"To conclude:

Yes, we all deserve excellent customer service.

Companies need to provide it by scaling their reactive service in the current term, while building for the future: through proactive service and collaboration.

Companies need to spell out what is reasonable and possible to expect.

In return, we must adjust our expectations.

We need a new social contract that requires social dignity and responsibility from both sides."

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, no1talks said:

Given the frequency of pop-up storms in the area, that would be a Sisyphean task.

Sisyphus is my life's roll model. Was he condemned or blessed to push a boulder up a hill for it to always roll back down ? Our daily work to provide us with sustenance by most is considered drudgery. Attitude is everything. The trick is to believe that one's work is a gift from God. 

25 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Sisyphus is my life's roll model. Was he condemned or blessed to push a boulder up a hill for it to always roll back down ? Our daily work to provide us with sustenance by most is considered drudgery. Attitude is everything. The trick is to believe that one's work is a gift from God. 

A "gift" of a job in a Yacht Club can go a long way to the mental health of many young people a long distance away from friends and family.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I call it a, "loo with a view."

😅

Does anyone happen to know if there is a similar one for females?  Asking for my DW. 

Edited by DaKahuna

3 hours ago, no1talks said:

I had to Goolge it !! 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Does anyone happen to know if there is a similar one for females?  Asking for my DW. 

I'm trying to think of how that would work for a women's bathroom 🤪

Edited by FamilyAtSea.travel

Here is a 1 minute and 30 second video of this morning's breakfast buffet on the One Pool Deck,

IMG_4009.mov

OMNG - Grits !! I can't wait for September to come around. 

Although I did not see it in the video, I assume that eggs cooked to order and omelets are also available? 

1 minute ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I'm trying to think of how that would work for a women's bathroom 🤪

A throne facing the ocean !

• Haha 1

Tonight, like every night, our butler asks what our plans are for the following day. He has 13 cabins to attend to most every cruise and he says he does this with all his charges. He like other butlers have been asked over the years to advance to assistant head butler and even head butler, but finds he enjoys remaining a butler. 
  Tomorrow is Ocean Cay Day and if a YC guest has become accustomed to a certain drink they get at any bar their butler will make sure that the proper ingredients are sent over to Ocean House. Otherwise the guest will be out of luck. Even water is only tap water on the island, so if one enjoys a certain bottled mineral water tell your butler.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

@morpheusofthesea Are you going to Ocean Cay on this sailing?

I would love to see pictures of anything updated, especially the Ocean House and things in the YC area.

Yes. Already made plans to be first off the ship to get videos of the YC area. It is the only stop we bother with. Hope to take the first trolley over and the first trolley back to the ship as well. Last time we were there I snapped a couple of photos of the very clean stainless steel kitchen at Ocean House. I could only get within 10 feet of the open door before a guard shooed me away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes. Already made plans to be first off the ship to get videos of the YC area. It is the only stop we bother with. Hope to take the first trolley over and the first trolley back to the ship as well. Last time we were there I snapped a couple of photos of the very clean stainless steel kitchen at Ocean House. I could only get within 10 feet of the open door before a guard shooed me away.

Much appreciated... Looking forward to it!

3 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

@morpheusofthesea Are you going to Ocean Cay on this sailing?

I would love to see pictures of anything updated, especially the Ocean House and things in the YC area.

Here's a couple from my trip on Monday. 20240617_133102.thumb.jpg.06ce706d5107ca349819e8e478c30d80.jpg

20240617_101716.jpg

20240617_101709.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I see in this photo the officer on his phone to the left is Mr. Christian. He was our favorite maitre'd on the Seaside a few years ago. Today he is the head of all maitre 'ds on the Seascape. He has this uncanny ability to sooth over ruffled feathers by just listening, nodding, using only sympathetic words like Sí or oui or ja and both parties walking away satisfied. When I asked him what was his secret he said people just need a sounding board to vent and I provide them the opportunity even if I don't understand a word they are saying.

20240617_133102.thumb.jpg.06ce706d5107ca349819e8e478c30d80.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We are backing into the channel of Ocean Cay at this moment seated in the YC restaurant looking over the activities program. The beautiful sunrise over Ocean Cay adds to the backdrop.

• Like 4