Do minors and adult sailing use the App

MJU

If you are having the App for your dependent, make sure that they are aware of their limitations.  I saw a mother flipping out at her child on the third day of the cruise because they racked up so many orders through the app; her child didn't have a package.  Be vigilant about checking your folio.

2 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

If you are having the App for your dependent, make sure that they are aware of their limitations.  I saw a mother flipping out at her child on the third day of the cruise because they racked up so many orders through the app; her child didn't have a package.  Be vigilant about checking your folio.

This is why we always get our kids either Plus or Premier. 

Just now, startedwithamouse said:

This is why we always get our kids either Plus or Premier. 

Not everyone has that kind of money or wants their child downing sugary/caffeinated drinks all the time which leads to hyper activity.  My friends with kids don't get their kids packages because they don't want them drinking sodas, juice, or mocktails.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Not everyone has that kind of money or wants their child downing sugary/caffeinated drinks all the time which leads to hyper activity.  My friends with kids don't get their kids packages because they don't want them drinking sodas, juice, or mocktails.

Our kids are more coffee and teas and endless amounts of Perrier and they hydrate during the day, grabbing water bottles where ever they are. They're not soda drinkers. They also love the fitness classes, wifi, room service, casual and specialty dining and juice bar (which is apparently now gone). We get value out of the Plus or Premier, with the exception of saved seats in theater, which aren't always the best. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

3 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Our kids are more coffee and teas and endless amounts of Perrier and they hydrate during the day, grabbing water bottles where ever they are. They're not soda drinkers. They also love the fitness classes, wifi, room service, casual and specialty dining and juice bar (which is apparently now gone). We get value out of the Plus or Premier, with the exception of saved seats in theater, which aren't always the best. 

Might make sense if they're in their teens, but younger ones probably don't need the package.

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

Do your friends put any cap on the kids accounts ?  Otherwise they can charge all the want and pay for every drink

On 6/15/2024 at 12:47 PM, startedwithamouse said:

How do you find each other on the ship?

On 6/15/2024 at 1:17 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

You can *supposedly* use the display panels next to elevators...I have never used those.

It's easy. I just use the function on my phone via the app. It works quite well. I've never done it on the wall panels.

12 minutes ago, memoak said:

Do your friends put any cap on the kids accounts ?  Otherwise they can charge all the want and pay for every drink

My friends don't want aren't even teens yet so they don't have phones.  Parents want it that way.  If putting caps on daily folio charges is a thing, the mom that was in the buffet that I was taking about obviously didn't know.

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

My friends don't want aren't even teens yet so they don't have phones.  Parents want it that way.  If putting caps on daily folio charges is a thing, the mom that was in the buffet that I was taking about obviously didn't know.

If they don’t then the child can just take their medallion anywhere and charge stuff. Unless you take their medallion away and are with them 24/7

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, memoak said:

If they don’t then the child can just take their medallion anywhere and charge stuff. Unless you take their medallion away and are with them 24/7

You can turn off the purchase function of the Medallion.  That's what my friends do with their kids.  Again, not sure about setting purchase limits like you recommended above.

Edited by SCX22

11 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

You can turn off the purchase function of the Medallion.  That's what my friends do with their kids.  Again, not sure about setting purchase limits like you recommended above.

If you turn off the function totally and they are hanging out with other kids it could be embarrassing if they can’t do what the others can

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, memoak said:

If you turn off the function totally and they are hanging out with other kids it could be embarrassing if they can’t do what the others can

Kids can make their cases to their parents.  Not my kids; not my problem.  My parents always told me:  my money, my rules.

Edited by SCX22

Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2024 at 12:47 PM, startedwithamouse said:

How do you find each other on the ship?

Once you are on the ship you will have more functions in the app including an option to locate shipmates.  You will also be able to scan your medallion on kiosks near the elevator and select find shipmates to see where your shipmates are.

Additionally, regarding your question about getting them to Green Lane. To enter your information in to the system to get ocean ready, you  can log in to the app using the booking number, their names and their DOB.   That should get you to the area you need to enter all their info and order the medallions. or you can wait and be Blue Lane at the terminal and they will enter the info and print your medallions. This adds 10-15 min to check in depending on how many people are checking in via Blue Lane. 

Edited by Shelly97060
Clarified information

5 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Once you are on the ship you will have more functions in the app including an option to locate shipmates.  You will also be able to scan your medallion on kiosks near the elevator and select find shipmates to see where your shipmates are.

Additionally,  if you don’t want to do separate accounts for your minor children you can log in to the app using the booking number, their names and their DOB.  

or you can wait and be Blue Lane at the terminal and they will enter the info and print your medallions. This adds 10-15 min to check in depending on how many people are checking in via Blue Lane. 

Minor children don't have princess accounts. They need to be 18. 

We find each other on the ship using the app on our phones. Much easier. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Minor children don't have princess accounts. They need to be 18. 

We find each other on the ship using the app on our phones. Much easier. 

Thanks for pointing out the confusion the way I stated this could cause.  I meant instead of separately downloading the app to prepare the minors for Green Lane ( providing kids have cell phones of course).  I have gone into my previous post to try and make it clearer.  😄

Edited by Shelly97060

21 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Additionally, regarding your question about getting them to Green Lane. To enter your information in to the system to get ocean ready, you  can log in to the app using the booking number, their names and their DOB.   That should get you to the area you need to enter all their info and order the medallions. or you can wait and be Blue Lane at the terminal and they will enter the info and print your medallions. This adds 10-15 min to check in depending on how many people are checking in via Blue Lane. 

I was asking the person who said they don't use their smart phone on the ship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

I was asking the person who said they don't use their smart phone on the ship. 

Sorry, I was responding to original poster’s question and grabbed your quote by mistake.

On 6/15/2024 at 12:09 PM, MJU said:

Trying to get my kids signed up to be able to get into blue lane. Don’t know if they need their own app or not. One is 17 and other is 21

Thanks for any help

If you prefer not to download separate apps for them you can get them Ocean Ready (Green Lane) and order Medallions using your copy of the app.  Simply sign out and then you can sign in again using their booking number, name and DOB that will bring up the app and you can enter all their info and order the medallions.  You can also use the web version found at Princess.com  or via this link 

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com

• Like 1